Photopass+

Started by BenRM, December 19, 2014, 12:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenRM

Hi guys,

I found a small page today on the DLP website about Photopass+ - but the information is rather limited, and I cant seem to find a great deal elsewhere. Ive got a few questions about it.

- How much is the service?
- Does the service cover 'walk about' photographers too?
- How long are the photos available for?
- What is the quality of the photos like?

Cheers

BenRM

msRavenswood

Here's some info you may find useful: http://www.disneyphotopass.eu/en/help-center

The price of the package is 49 euro if I'm not mistaken.

DLRP Roundup!

- How much is the service? - €49.99
- Does the service cover 'walk about' photographers too? - Yes but there are very few if any most days - most Characters and some rides have the ability.
- How long are the photos available for? - 1 Year to download them.
- What is the quality of the photos like? - Very good :) (Better to have them manually added at a rides photo booth than using the QR code though for better ones).

It's well worth the money if your meeting multiple characters or often buy ride photos.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Hello,

My boyfriend and I were in DLP last week, and used the photopass+ system.

I personally was very impressed. I wouldn't usually purchase photos from the rides, but with this service, I took all of them. The pictures from the character meet and greets are excellent; the photographers always took numerous pictures, and managed to capture some shots which we missed. In our 5 day trip we managed to accumulate 51 pictures, which works out less than a euro a photo. I know we have to print them off ourselves, but the quality is much better than our own, especially in the princess pavillion, as the lighting is quite poor in there. I will definitely be using this service in the future!

Hope this helps :)

Justlikewedreamedit-xo

polar vixen

We added this to our booking by phone(we booked direct with Disneyland paris), and got it at a reduced price of 34.99.  Which was absolutely fantastic, I never purchased on ride photos before but I think I came back with about 12 of both buzz lightyear and big thunder mountain, (definitely get them added at the desk as they'll move your picture around so you're the central point of it)

twentythingamabobs

I feel I have been living under a rock to have never heard of this! We always buy quite a few pictures. So you pay 49.99 and you get as many photos as you like downloaded to your phone/tablet or whatever?? How do you pay for this - I have downloaded the app and can see how I can add photos but it doesn't say anything about billing.

polar vixen

You can buy a pack at just about any of the shops/photo stands In dlp, or if you order before you go, (cheaper!), if you buy before you go it'll be given to you with your keys etc.

mickey1980

A week before we went I got a mail from DLP offering a €10 discount so I took it.
T.b.h. I don't think it's really worth the money unless you like ride photo's very.. very.. much.
We didn't use it for the meet and greets as we don't care to much about those. Would have used it for roaming characters. But there weren't any, (or we missed them) in all 4 days we were there. 

The quality is good thou. But be sure you go to the photo point next to the ride, and have the CM add the photo's to the card. Also make them check if the photo's are really there.
I also made a  note of the photo number + time in my phone. Luckily I did because some photo's were missing when I checked them once i was home  :o
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

aquacat2

Hello :)
I called up Disney yesterday and added it to my package and it cost around £33
I can't wait to give it a go and see if its worth while
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Fluffymilly

It worked really well for us as a group of 4 adults and 1 child. in the pack there were 3 cards so we shared them between us and split the cost. The photographer in the princess pavillion was particularly brilliant and took a fabulous series of photos of my 2yr old grandson interacting with Anna and Elsa and then some more formal family group photos. Yes its €50 which I wouldn't normally spend on photos but I would definitely do it again. we had about 50 photos on our card over 5 days.

QueenLisa

Sounds like a great idea if it works correctly....I've seen a few posts of people getting a discount email for the photo pass package, anyone got any tips how to register or get a discount on the package ?

We're not going till June 2015

aquacat2

I just added it to my booking and got it at £33, I'm presuming its for when you pre order as I didn't do anything special!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

BenRM

Apologies for not replying sooner - but I have been watching the responses, and thanks for those!

For those that have booked recently did you do it the the phone line? I must admit after a rather difficult conversation booking it which took a long time, Im a little wary of phoning back (ugh Im dreading phoning for restaurant reservations)

We're going to book photopass+ - I hope they send me an email offer! If not I will anyway, we do like ride photos we have a few from various parks and waterparks through Europe and keep them in a scrapbook, so having loads from DLP will be lovely.

Sad to hear they have few walk abouts, as I'd love some really nice ones of the 4 of us infront of the castle etc. [/color]

Fluffymilly

That would be a really fab idea to have a photographer infront of the castle but no, I've never seen that! There were professional photograpers in Princess Pavillion, and then with some of the meet and greets (but not all) Mickey Mouse Spiderman, Toon Studios for Buzz, Merida, but not Sleeping Beauty, Snow White or Rapunzel, nor Rafiki or any of the other 'wandering' characters. In addition there were all the ride photos but its a good idea to check what photos they are adding onto your card, we got quite a few wrong ones added. I would definitely use it again though

Sulley15

I actually added it to my booking by e-mail... I had a stinking cold and they couldn't understand me, but it was added no problem..
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017