Auberge de Cendrillon

Started by belle, March 31, 2007, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belle

hi there,does anybody know what they did with the menu at restaurant auberge de cendrillon i have heart that it changed in a other concept table service and a menu that costs 48 euro and some caracters will be there during dinner{sorry for my bad english i m from the netherlands so :oops: }and what s on the menu?

Jayna62

:pluto: Last time we went in February (and it's been the same every time we've been in), it was a buffet, all you can eat starter, a menu for the main course and buffet, all you can eat desserts.

Jayna62

:pluto: Just rang reservations and they have confirmed that the meals are now full table service. the buffet has gone and the new price is €48 for adults and €20 for children which includes a drink.

tubbsy

I'm trying to make sense of the Half Board and Half Board Plus.  :?  :mickey2:

You can eat at Auberge De Cendrillon and other restaurants (Lucky Nuggets on there too) if you book Half Board Plus.....
It works out at about 25 Euros per adult and 11 Euros per child. Can this be right? :shock:
I t looks too good to be true!
Or does anybody know if its a set menu or a set time if you have booked Half Board, or Half Board Plus. :?
I cant believe you can have a meal at Auberge De Cendrillon for this price or eat at the Lucky Nugget with characters wandering around. Although I am not complaining if its true! :D

And Belle. Your English is very good. I try to speak French, but French people take pity on me and speak English :oops: When we last stayed in Sequoia, I tried my French when we booked in, I couldnt think of a word in French and used German instead.... The young lad behind the counter was very patient, but we reverted to English. And what was really embaressing? He was Spanish. :oops:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

penfold12

It is true. We booked the half board plus a couple of weeks ago and ate in the Lucky Nugget Saloon.

Also used the vouchers in the Steak House in Disney Village. If I had had the 3 course meal and paid for it, it would of come to twice the cost of the voucher!

Its a really good idea, and if you have kids, even better, because you get to have a quality meal, with great options for them

penfold12

The half board plus gives you a set menu (3 starters, 3 main and 3 dessert) if its an a la catre menu such as The Steak House, and the same offer as all guests in the buffett restaurants.

The set menu's are fantastic value. I had Chicken Caeser Salad as a starter, Fillet steak main and Bailey's & Pistachio Creme Brulee as a dessert in The Steak House. Because of the price point in the restaurant, I was expecting a very small portion, but was wrong!

tubbsy

Thanks for that Penfold. I'm working on a bit of a tight budget, so was looking at doing the half board plus. Then any money we take to DLRP is ours to spend and not worry about meals.
Lucky Nugget, Auberge and Steakhouse are on our list.
Things are looking good! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Nala_84

Please say this is not true or I only got it wrong  :(

We planned to have dinner for the first time at the Auberge de Cendrillon in September 2007. We never ate at a higher budget-restaurant and so I chose the Auberge, coz I've seen on dlrpfoodguide.com they'd have a buffet for 22 Euros there, even a vegetarian dish.

Did I get it right that this choice is now not longer available at this restaurant??? And that you have to pay 48 Euros for the menu??

This would be so mean and bad of DLRP coz they'd ignore people with not that much money who like to eat only one time at a higher class restaurant  :cry:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

tubbsy

I dunno Nala.

But are you staying in a hotel? m'be you can do the half board plus which would mean you will be able to eat for that price...

We're working on a budget too, thats why we've gone for the half board plan.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Suzy

We're going in July and I was wondering about the half board plus vouchers.  Do you have to pay extra to eat in some of the restaurants ( like cafe mickey and walts?)  I didn't rerally understand what it meant from my brochure....   :oops:

And does anyone know how much choice there is from the menus? My husband was worried it would be a set menu with just a couple of choices?

I'm keen on saving money 'cos that means more to spend on Disney stuff.   :)

tubbsy

Hiya Suzy.

I'm gonna ask the question...

Anyone going, if you're anywhere near Auberge can you find out if there is a set menu and get a copy, or photo of it!! :lol:  How cheeky!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

davewasbaloo

I really do hope it is true that table service is returning to the Auberge.  Now if we can get rid of the stupid buffet at Hunter's Grill and Parkside Diner, and I will be a happy man!!!
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

Please open a new topic to discuss the half board meals. Let's keep this topic about the new Auberge de Cendrillon menu.

So here's the deal:

Suzy and Perla (the 2 mice from Cinderella) welcome guests at l'Auberge.  Other Royal Couples will make an appearance as well, like Phillip & Aurora, Prince Charming & Cinderella, Belle & the Beast or Royal Mickey & Minnie.  During the royal's visit, l'Auberge will be filled with music and dance, even the smaller kids can have a dance with one of the characters.  

Here's a rough translation from the French menu (forgive me for any mistakes)

The adult menu:
Entrée:
Foie Gras

Main Menu:
- Pike Filet, "forgotten" vegetables, gratin or
- 4 Cheeses Tortellini

Desert:
Cinderella's Slipper

---

Coffee, Wines, Water

davewasbaloo

This sounds great!!!! I think we may give this a whirl!
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Wow Cinderellas Slipper is in the menu:) that´great!
It is now something like a charakter diner?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...