Where've you seen characters lately?

Started by polar vixen, November 21, 2014, 12:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

we finally go on sunday, yay!  After a baaaad couple of months and booking this trip to get me through it I go and get flu  last Tuesday. physically the symptoms are gone but I still haven't got my strength back, how typical is that?
Anywho, I;m wondering if any of you who've been recently have seen any unscheduled characters? last time we went it wasn't till 2 pm on our last day that I found all sorts of characters randomly wandering around fantasyland, in addition to that winnie the pooh and friends were genereally hanging out around plaza gardens and capt. hook and peter could be seen, yet none of that was on the schedule, anything like it happening at the moment?  Also how long does stars and cars usually last for in the studios please?
Thanks in advance!

PrincessKirsty

I found Aladdin, Jafar and Abu in Adventureland by the magic lamp. Also there is Baloo and king Louie next to Hakuna Matata. Sometimes Peter Pan and Smee were around the pirate wheel. Also I mwt Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dum the other side of the refreshement stand from Rapunzel in fantasyland. They were awesome and unexpected. I imagine Alice and the Hatter are also wandering around at different times of the day

polar vixen

Thanks for that, what time would you say it was roughly whwn you saw them?i

Fluffymilly

OOOO I'm liking this thread! We are going on Thurs 27th Nov (6 sleeps Eeek!) and I was wondering how many characters are likely to be around as we've never been at this time of year before. Keep the comments coming guys, it's getting me excited!!

Esti

In october I saw Dee & Dum, the Queen of Hearts, the white rabbit, Alice and the Mad Hatter, all of them near the labyrinth. They're usually there mid-morning & lunch hours. I've seen less of them lately, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. Pinocchio & Gepetto are mostly in front of Pizzeria Bella Notte.
Baloo & King Louie are around Hakuna Matata. I've seen Goofy and Pluto in front of the Cowboy Cookout a few times during lunch.
In Discoveryland there's a character in front of Star Tours sometimes; Stitch, Chip & Chop, Goofy & Pluto... Also, Hook & Smee and Peter & Wendy are in Adventureland, with the pirate wheel or in front of the ship.

It is difficult to predict where they'll be, but I'd say the during the morning-lunch time they're out more often and they're mostly in or near Fantasyland.

Good luck!

polar vixen

PrincessKirsty

It was mid to late afternoon when I saw the Tweedles and the aladdin characters.  I also saw goofy in a space suit mid morning by star yours. King Louie and Baloo were around 10-11 in the morning!

polar vixen

Thanks prineess kirsty!  are the early morning hours characters out yet? I think my route may have to change to accommodate this we always start on discovery land but I think we may have to go to the left first instead! 

Sonyak3

Any advise on the new meets and greats during early magic hours??

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Sonyak3 on November 22, 2014, 02:17:00 AM
Any advise on the new meets and greats during early magic hours??

Be there at 08:00 sharp and no later.
The queue for Mickey and Minnie is already up to an hour long by 08:15.
Their queue is closed by 08:45.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''