Disney accomodation questions - EDIT

Started by rocker, November 16, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

OK Disney fans, a few things. 

EDIT: Had a dig around & have found some answers elsewhere to edited this list of Qs down

Heading to DLP early Feb.  I've always stayed off site previously but I'm a Dream AP holder & was quoted £228 with Dream AP discount for 4 nights hotel at Cheyenne or Santa Fe including breakfast.  Will go for Cheyenne because of the bunks for the little one.

If I look on line, Cheyenne for me & my daughter with half board & park entry is shown at £383. 

Q1. If I call, will I get 35% off this price of £383 (bringing the cost down to £248)?  Even though it includes park entry that I don't need (daughter also has a pass) this would only be an extra £20 for 4 more meals - a good deal I think.

Q2.  Do the park entry tickets that come with a hotel/park entry deal have names on?  i.e. Were I to book a Cheyenne room for 1 adult & 1 child, with the idea of my Mum accompanying us, would I need to book it in my (non AP holding) Mum's name so she gets park entry or does this not matter? 

Q3.  Can they provide a fridge in the room? any idea of cost?  If not, I might just buy one of those micro fridges that can hold 4-6 cans of drink & bring it with me.

Q4.  Even though I'm on a tight budget, anyone done a last minute upgrade to a better hotel?  How'd you go about it, just ask at check in?  I'd be prepared to spend a bit extra to upgrade & I'd imagine there will be a few empty rooms knocking around in February. It would all be extra money for Disney - anyone worked out a best upgrade strategy?

Many questions...all advice & info much appreciated.  Apologies if this is covered elsewhere on this forum, please point me in the right direction if it is (a link?)

Ta

Ross

A&S&O

Quote from: rocker on November 16, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Q2.  Do the park entry tickets that come with a hotel/park entry deal have names on?  i.e. Were I to book a Cheyenne room for 1 adult & 1 child, with the idea of my Mum accompanying us, would I need to book it in my (non AP holding) Mum's name so she gets park entry or does this not matter? 

Ta

Ross

You could book the room for just your Mum (she would then get park tickets), then you turn up with her and just pay the tourist tax, which is about 1 euro per person per night.

This seems to be a strange, but well known and well used loophole.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

tinian

Quote from: rocker on November 16, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

EDIT: Had a dig around & have found some answers elsewhere to edited this list of Qs down

Heading to DLP early Feb.  I've always stayed off site previously but I'm a Dream AP holder & was quoted £228 with Dream AP discount for 4 nights hotel at Cheyenne or Santa Fe including breakfast.  Will go for Cheyenne because of the bunks for the little one.

If I look on line, Cheyenne for me & my daughter with half board & park entry is shown at £383. 

Q1. If I call, will I get 35% off this price of £383 (bringing the cost down to £248)?  Even though it includes park entry that I don't need (daughter also has a pass) this would only be an extra £20 for 4 more meals - a good deal I think.

You don't get 35% off on package prices, room only is completely seperate and prices are only given on the phone. I've found they are rarely worth it but 228 pounds seems a very good deal.

They don't have a name on it and you can book just for her and then tell them when you make the reservation that there will be annual passholders in the room aswell. I do believe that you cannot book a mealplan for yourselves though, you can only book that for the person booked into the room with the package deal.

Q3.  Can they provide a fridge in the room? any idea of cost?  If not, I might just buy one of those micro fridges that can hold 4-6 cans of drink & bring it with me.

There's no fridge, and you can't get it from reception either.

Q4.  Even though I'm on a tight budget, anyone done a last minute upgrade to a better hotel?  How'd you go about it, just ask at check in?  I'd be prepared to spend a bit extra to upgrade & I'd imagine there will be a few empty rooms knocking around in February. It would all be extra money for Disney - anyone worked out a best upgrade strategy?

Can't help you there, sorry.

Many questions...all advice & info much appreciated.  Apologies if this is covered elsewhere on this forum, please point me in the right direction if it is (a link?)

Ta

Ross

Good luck planning!

rocker

Many thanks for the advice.  Now head over to the following post for some dining related questions I have  ::)

https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=13325.90