Random meets around park/studios?

Started by Sonyak3, November 25, 2014, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonyak3

Hi there.am over in disneyland as we speak and don't seem to be havin too much joy with the random meets..can anyone offer any advise on where and what time any of them are??? :)

stifle

daddyof2

I think you might just have to be lucky - we happened to bump into Woody outside the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue and saw The Genie doing meets near Agrabah Café and Baloo by Hakuna Matata. Of course, this was back in June...

Esti

I don't think I've seen random meet n greets in the Studios recently ;(
In DLP I think Fantasyland during the morning-lunch hour is the best place to try and see some characters. Sometimes you can see some Jungle Book/Lion King characters near Hakuna Matata, or near Star Tours in Discoveryland, or in front of the Cowboy Cookout in Fantasyland. I also saw Peter, Wendy, Hook & Smee in Adventureland, in front of the ship/on the boat wheel (near Chalet de la Marionette), but I'm not sure they've been there recently.

A few princesses are doing meets too. I think Snow was in the Wishing Well, I saw Aurora next to the Auberge, and I've seen recent pictures of Tiana on Instagram but I'm not sure where she is, sorry.

And good luck!

DisneyRon

Chip and Dale quite frequently hung out on the path to the train station near the old Chaparal Theatre.
Ran into them twice over 5 days last September. Pluto was there too one morning. :)

Good hunting. ;D

polar vixen

we saw very few last week also, we spotted peter pan, hook and smee at one point, but it took us 2 minutes to get to them, there were 10 people in the queue and they'd closed it as they were only staying out for half an hour.  The CM with them suggested that we return the next day at 11, we hung around from 10:45 till 11:30, and no one came!  the same thing happened with belle and gaston, spotted them near storybook boats, told that the queue was closed, and to come back the next day, and no-one came out!  There were very, very few characters about, it was disappointing.  Stars and cars worked pretty well for meeting characters as it wasn't busy but you had no control over who would you get to see, you stood in the circle and waited for maybe 2 or 3 characters as they worked their way around, and then they went again. Least characters I've ever seen!

Uragano Tati

I have to say that last week we spotted quite a lot of characters in the main park.
Darth Vader inside Star Tours and near it, King Louie in Adventureland twice, Jasmine, Hook and Smee, Tiana and Snow White, Belle and the Beast, Mary Poppins and the pinguins, Pinocchio and Geppetto, and maybe some others that now I don't remember.
We weren't looking for them, we spotted them all accidentally.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

andrewuk

Quote from: Uragano Tati on December 02, 2014, 10:42:56 PM
I have to say that last week we spotted quite a lot of characters in the main park.
Darth Vader inside Star Tours and near it,

Wow Vader is about, I've never seen him and would love to.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Fluffymilly

Yesterday we saw Aladdin and Jasmine and Jafar at their magic lamp near Agrabah Cafe, Snow white and her Prince at the wishing well, Sleeping Beauty outside Auberge de Cendrillon, Smee and Captain Hook by the ships wheel, King Louis and Rafiki near Hakuna Matata, Chip and Dale and Pluto by Cowboy Cookout, Pinocchio and Gepetto and Mad Hatter outside Pizzaria Bella Notte, Tiana in Town Square. All of these came out at random times for only about 15-20 mins then go away for an hour or two. Happy Hunting!! :D