Aggghh, please advise, early April or late may?

Started by Mrsya, November 16, 2014, 01:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Another post from me, sorry. Can't you tell I'm about to book again!

Looking at booking either early April (in uk hols but before French hols) but then found out that our stay would include Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday... So now looking at may 20th/21st for 5 nights but Mon 25th is Pentecote Day.....??

stifle

Both of those are likely to be busy weekends I'm afraid. Pentecost is a national holiday.

Mrsya

Thank you. I thought as much. I'm now thinking of paying £250 extra to arrive early evening on Pentecost Day but this would be uk half term. Anyone know if its true that uk half termers hardly dent the attendance figures...

ilovemainstxxx

we went once in may school holidays it was busy but not to bad ,
we were looking at going inbetween christmas and new year but reading it is going to be packed so gone off that one and are now thinking of going may holidays  next year  as my son will have just finished his sats , but looking at prices it is really expensive to what we would usually pay , and am wondering if pentecost would make a big inpack all week ??
maybe back to the drewing board again..

andrewuk

We are going May half term Tues-Sat, thought the prices were pretty good when we booked it. Have shied away from May half term for a while after a very wet week back in 2004 but decided to give it another go.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

HFJohnson

I think it's more important to avoid the French holidays than the UK ones.

We went in May half term this year and it was fine. The afternoons were quite busy but we came back in the evening a couple of times and it was lovely and quiet and most rides were walk ons. EMH was quite busy from 8.30-9ish onwards so it's worth trying to get there for 8am once or twice if you can.