route to Cheyenne/hotel

Started by polar vixen, October 19, 2014, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

I've read that there Imus a shortcut to get to the parks from the Cheyenne instead of gong through the Disney village? Does anyone have any experience of this? Or know where I can get/print of a decent map includes hotels for us to navigate our way? Trying to make it fun for the kids!

caspdex

Walk past the station and bus stops, turn right at mini roundabout and follow road to main entrance to Cheyenne .

msRavenswood

Quote from: caspdex on October 19, 2014, 03:52:07 PM
Walk past the station and bus stops, turn right at mini roundabout and follow road to main entrance to Cheyenne .

Not sure if it's a shortcut though and the route isn't as picturesque.

DLPWonders (Banned)

I wouldn't necessarily say it's shorter, but I do know the alternative route.
When you exit the Disneyland Park, walk over to the disability parking next to the Disneyland Hotel.
From there you go left, keep walking over the bridge, just straight through when you pass the roundabound and after a bit you will find yourself at a crossroad.
Across from the road there is Hotel New York. When you go left, follow the road and at after a bit you will find Hotel Cheyenne on the left hand side.
It takes probably the same time as through Village, it's just a different way of getting there.

I took some screenshots of Google Maps and some photos of Google Images to show it to you, I hope it makes sense.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

andrew@magicaldlp

I have never thought of going another way. I will give it a try next time I visit. Might speed up leaving the park after dreams.
Massive Disneyland Paris fan and owner of Magical Disneyland Paris - www.magicaldlp.co.uk

polar vixen

Thanks so much guys! That was really helpful, if its not actually a shorter route I may be better avoiding roads with little ones n sticking to the Disney village route, anyone know if Disney have a map showing hotel/ path locations?

Belloboy7

Just follow the river between Cheyenne and Santa Fe that's how we always do it only takes about 10 mins but it does mean you go through the village...

jeakat24

I think it also depends on what part of the Cheyenne you're staying in as the whether it's any quicker.

The building by the main entrance (I want to say Jesse James, but I'm probably wrong) would possibly be a bit quicker to get to going via the roads. Definitely less magical though!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

polar vixen

Since e Home school I'm making out term topic the wild west so the kids get more out off it, does anyone know the names of all the different buildings? I know there's Annie Oakley, Jesse James, any others?

msRavenswood

Click on the map for a larger view.