Trip report 28th sept-2nd oct at HNY!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, October 04, 2014, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

This was our big annual family trip to DLP (always sept/oct)
So 10 of us in total, myself my son (whos 6) my mum, dad, nan, grandad my brother, my aunt, my cousine and her little girl (whos 4)

DAY 1: Set alarm for 6 so have plenty of time to get to the station, we arrive at Ebbsfleet international about 9 so plenty of time to chill before boarding the eurostar  :)
Myself, Sonny and my mum were 1st class on eurostar the staff were as always superb. Helpful and always making sure were happy throughout our journey. Other family members in standard class, we only go 1st class because thats where passengers in wheelchairs have to sit.
We watched monsters inc on Sonnys Ipad and had breakfast onboard before we knew it we were there. We made our way straight to hotel wich this time we stayed in the Hotel new york. We checked in and changed it was quite hot by this point and we were all quite uncomfortable to day the least!

Then it was time to head to the parks, usually we start in the studios as we arrive on a sunday it seems less busy than the main park but on this occasion i was aware that Small world was going to be closed for every day during our visit apart from the sunday we arrived. So we went into City hall got my sons disability pass and of to small world we went. The park was nowhere near as busy as i expected  ;) after small world we went on just about every ride in Fantasyland (apart from peter pan) wich due ti health and safety Sonny isnt allowed on  :(

After this it was almost dinner time so we headed to King Ludwigs castle that i booked prior to going for 7pm i must say the food was lovely and staff friendly. All of our party really enjoyed the food and i would recommend to try if you havent already. It was our first time here and itt wont be our last :D
After dinner and a few drinks we went back o the hotel for an early night. We were lucky enough to be given ground floor rooms with access to the gardens wich was lovely you could see the Panoramagique balloon going up and down in the evenings.

DAY 2:
Next morning most of us were up early and in the park a little later than i wanted to be 9am, but still it was quiet during our entire trip wich was nice. Weather lovely too. ONLY RAINED ONCE!
Straight to Discoverland this morning started the morning on with a ride on Buzz and then Orbitron and then star tours when it opened and not forgetting Autopia! So with discoverland done we headed to Fantasyland again, covered every ride again apart from small world wich was closed for maintanence  :'(

My son asked to go into Alices maze so we had a good walk round there wich he loved too  :)

Then we  headed for Adventure land for a go on Pirates, wich i dont think i will take my son on again Ever.. he hates it wich is a shame as i love it!

After that we went to Frontierland for a go on Phantom mansion my sons absoloute favourite ride in the park! We had 2 goes round on this wich he was pleased with  :)

Now we decided to head on over to the studios park as we covered most of the main park now and we knew stars in cars was 12-2 so we may just catch it. Wich we did! I must say well done to DLP for deciding to do this it gave you more chances to catch the characters and have photos with them. I was very impressed indeed.
After meeting Aladdin, Jasmine, chip & dale, donald, goofy, minnie, stitch, remy, and woody it was baking hot and we needed some shade! So after a cool down we had a ride on the magic carpets, watched animagique and then went for a go on ratatouille ride for our first time ever! All i can say is amazing expierence!

Then for parachute drop and we was hoping to do studio tram tour but it was having technical issues. So rock n roller coaster instead.
Quick whizz round on crush wich i must say the que was 20mins very unusual?!
Then we watched stich live before tower of terror and called it a day.

Planet hollywood for dinner, service was slow and food some served cold very unsual we eat here on many occasions before. Watched disney dreams as usual incredible! Then back to hotel to relax and sleep!

DAY 3:
Many got up very late so i decided to go to breakfast anyway, no time to waste in disney! They met us later.
After breakfast of to Fantasyland so quiet we had couple of goes of dumbo and tea cups then all other rides too.
Then went to discoveryland as i hadnt had a go of space mountain yet and to my surprise my grandad and my dad wanted to join me! They got of alive thank god i was shocked they dont do roller coasters ever. But i dont think my grandad would repeat it he didnt look good afterwards. We have visited DLP on more than 30 occasions and never they did any coasters?!

Autopia again and orbitron again and we spent alday just taking photos and exploring the main park.
We wanted to freshen up for dinner so went back to hotel had some champagne and my nan and grandad went up in the balloon for the first time|!

Dinner was booked for 6pm at inventions wich we all enjoyed but there wasnt as many characters as on our last visit not one princess wich was a shame. See mickey,minnie,pluto,goofy and donald though.
After dinner there was an hour before park close so we decided to ride phantom manour and big thunder mountain in the dark! Am i the only one who finds it more scary than the other coasters lol??

Had a beer in billy bobs on the way back through the village there was salsa dancing wich was good to watch but i didnt join in! And of to bed.

DAY 4: Last full day on parks disney blues are starting although by this point my legs ache and feet.... so early into park 8.30 wich was good beautifully quiet we repeated rides as the day before and done some short video clips so we could make a short video of our hol wich is on facebook.

We decided to go for mc ds about 4pm so we could get back to watch the parade in time wich was fab!
After that we did Phantom manour again 3 times round and explored the park a little more its aloways lovely come the evening when the lights are on just breath taking.

So of to the hotel to pack, boooo! And early night so we could make the most of our very last day!

DAY 5: We planned to go to princess pavillion early as my cousines daughter wanted to meet cinderella, but we found that extra magic hours were today in the studios park so had to re-think our plan! So we went on ratatouille again wich my son enjoyed much more the 2nd time around as did i ;D
Then went to toy story playland had a go on slinky and i braved RC racer wich i am very proud of myself for, as its the only ride i was to scared to do for years. But it was actually ok!!
After that i wanted sonny to meet spiderman but it wasnt open yet so rock n roller coaster again in the meantime! Then we waited about 15 mins to meet spiderman he was great and i bought 2 photos from the photographer as they were amazing!
Then we watched animagique for the 2nd time and we sung clapped and really enjoyed it, im so sad its going!
And whilst my son was watching the fish that flies it flew of the stick and landed on top of us we were shcoked!! 
::) The cast member couldnt apologise enough and made sure my sonb was ok and not hurt. Wich he was fine thankfully the fish is just light fabric and didnt hurt at all infact we both was laughing after lol.

While watching the show my nan decided to go on tower of terror with my dad,mum,brother and aunt. God knows why! She hated it but it was great to see that this trip we all tried rides we wouldnt normally.

Then we went to the action stunt show wich is where it all went wrong, the cast member didnt want me or my son to sit with any of my family at all and when i got my son out of his wheelchair (like we always do for shows) she stormed over and said "he stays in wheelchair or ill take it away" i couldnt believe it. I explained he needs it incase he has a meltdown he has cerebal palsy, autsim and many other disabilities. She wouldnt have any of it so i have no choice but to leave the stunt show. I made a complaint, wich id never dream of doing. I was so upset. My son being  massive mcqueen fan loves the show and i have got him out of his chair on every visit we watched it. I cant get to him if hes all strapped in and if he had a meltdown for whatever reason its better hes on my lap with chair next to him. I have photos and videos of him on many visits doing so. She was rude and that is unusual on any visit.
I was very angry they wanted him without his wheelchair or he had to stay in it the entire time even if he was scared. After we left they let people sit there with pushchairs in the disabled area i was outraged when she was harping on that you stay in wheelchair or leave. Then to let non disabled guests there. Not very disney.....

I tried to not let it ruin our last day and took my son shopping to cheer us both up befort returning to the other park and doing all of his favourites then a quick bite to eat at caseys and one last ride on phantom manour he fell asleep and it was time to head fir the eurtostar  :'(

The last day could have been better but we will not be doing the stunt show again. The journey home was relaxing and quiet and were looking forward to our next trip in december for all the christmas celebrations!

Uragano Tati

It's a shame what happened at the stunt show. But the most important thing is that you, your son and all your family had a great holiday, and it really seems you had!
Now i'll wait for some pictures, eheheh!!! I love pictures!!  ;D
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

BlackPearl

Thanks for sharing your report!  :D
I'm so sorry for you and your son, that you couldn't enjoy the stunt show, but I'm glad, that you still had a wonderful holiday, and hopefully that one incident didn't ruin it.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Uragano Tati on October 05, 2014, 08:23:38 PM
It's a shame what happened at the stunt show. But the most important thing is that you, your son and all your family had a great holiday, and it really seems you had!
Now i'll wait for some pictures, eheheh!!! I love pictures!!  ;D

Yes I'll have to try your trick, it's quite obvious I'm not very good at computers and I'm using an iPad wich doesn't help. So you copy pic from Facebook to here?
And I tried not to let it ruin it I've made a written complaint and I hope I get an explanation of the procedure for the stunt show as weve never experienced issues before. I've seen it way to many times anyway but my son being a major cars fan I was sad for him. He's such a fan we have to have a red car like McQueen lol!!!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: BlackPearl on October 05, 2014, 09:40:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your report!  :D
I'm so sorry for you and your son, that you couldn't enjoy the stunt show, but I'm glad, that you still had a wonderful holiday, and hopefully that one incident didn't ruin it.

Can't let these things ruin a perfectly good holiday... I mean I was so impressed with the staff my sons wheelchair broke and they went of got tools and fixed it. Forgot to add that to my report! I was overjoyed :) I wanted to buy them something to say Thankyou but they say not allowed I didn't expect them to fix it. Most staff go out of their way to help and there's a few that aren't helpful and abrupt. But like everywhere it takes all kinds of people!

Uragano Tati

I have to say that I don't know how do I-pads work. I don't have I-pad or tablet, I just use a personal computer.
I upload my pictures on facebook, in this way I can share them with friends and family and I don't need to upload them again on another host-site.
To make a facebook picture visible here I visualize it on facebook, then I click with the right button of the mouse (the one you use to make special things such as copy, paste, open a link on another page and so on) on the picture and select "copy image URL" (or something like that, it is written in italian on my page).
Don't use the options link under the picture because it doesn't work, or at leat it didn't work the first time I tried it a couple of years ago.
Then here click on the icon "insert image" and paste the URL you have copied between the two [img].
I hope this is clear enough!
PS: I'm a Cars fan too!!  ;) I really hope that next time you will be able to go and see the stunt show again as you were used to!

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks I will try my laptop tommorow slow as it maybe lol it may work?!
Not long until your next trip then? I hope Disney can give me an explanation as to why the incident happend at the stunt show it was upsetting my nan was in tears over it :(

Uragano Tati

Even a slow laptop should work. If it can open facebook and show the pictures you shoudn't have any problem in coping the URL.
I am already very excited for our next trip! I went early January in 2003 and there were still all the Christmas things but it was a loooong time ago and I can't wait to experience Christmas at Disney again. I love Christmas, I love decorations and sparkling lights and at Disney it is super Christmassy!
Still no answer from Disney?

littlebitofpixiedust

So what date you going again? I cant wait either! We're of 14th dec only fr 3 nights though we usually do 4.
We havnt been at Xmas time in 4 years so I too am extremely exited!

No word back from them yet I need to email again

Uragano Tati

We will stay in the Cheyenne Hotel from monday 24th november till friday 28th november (4 nights and 5 days).
But our flights are on sunday 23rd (the first night we will stay in Torcy, so early on monday morning we will be in the park) and on sunday 30th. The 2 last nights we will stay again in Torcy and on saturday we will spend a day walking in Paris.
I can't wait!!!!  ;D

littlebitofpixiedust

Both of us going Cheyenne! I love the hotel it was the first hotel we ever stayed at I guess that's partly why, I was about 12 :) although I love all the Disney hotels

Uragano Tati

The Cheyenne is absolutely amazing! We stayed there for the first time last year, and it has become our favourite straight away! It really seems to be in an old west village. And it is pretty cheap, so we can go more often!  ;)
But you're right, all hotels are wonderful! This time I really want to go and see and exploring all the hotels because they are attractions as well.

c3po

Great report! I was there for the same dates, and it's interesting to see a different perspective.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: c3po on October 12, 2014, 12:41:04 PM
Great report! I was there for the same dates, and it's interesting to see a different perspective.

Same dates? And I'd like to see your perspective also :) have you got a trip report? Or like to share your experiences?