New Year's Eve and birthday cake

Started by Scotspink, October 15, 2014, 10:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotspink

Hi, we are flying to dlp on New Year's Eve. I have been told we can't use the half board vouchers on New Year's Eve, where else is there to eat that isn't charging extortionate prices. Also we have booked lunch with princesses for my little girls birthday on 2nd January I haven't booked a cake yet but I have read that at princesses you do not get to take the cake away with you!? So we were thinking about cafe mickey but others have said the characters are only there during certain times does anyone know what times they are there? Also what goes on on New Year's Eve in the park fireworks? Sorry for the million questions

DLPWonders (Banned)

The only question I can help you with is the fireworks...
There's a fireworks display at Walt Disney Studios Park and Disney Village.
Weirdly enough not at the main Disneyland Park.
There will only be an extra showing of Disney Dreams of Christmas at midnight.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Gemmawebb

Is Disney Dreams of Christmas a firework display? So this is repeated at mid night on new years eve? So therefore it sounds like we need to head elsewhere for the New Year fireworks - the question is Village or Studios?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Gemmawebb on October 15, 2014, 09:56:49 PM
Is Disney Dreams of Christmas a firework display? So this is repeated at mid night on new years eve? So therefore it sounds like we need to head elsewhere for the New Year fireworks - the question is Village or Studios?

No, Disney Dreams of Christmas is projection show on the Sleeping Beauty Castle.
It has some small water- and fireworks effects in it.

Normally there's the regular Disney Dreams daily at closing time of the park.
During Christmas season this will be replaced by a Christmas adaption.
On New Year's Eve they do this twice, once around 18:00 for the people who don't want to stay that long and once at midnight.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter which place you choose to watch the fireworks.
Both aren't really that spectacular, spending NYE at Disneyland Paris isn't nearly as magical as it used to be.
Since two years they have decided to focuse more on the expensive NYE dinners at the hotels instead of putting the focus on the entertainment in the parks.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''