Eurostar Prices

Started by DisneyMichelle, September 27, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyMichelle

Good Morning all.

We have already booked our holiday to Disney for 15th Feb 2015 for 4 nights. I have now looked at Eurostar for tickets and i am shocked!

For 3 adults and a 5 year old it is going to cost us £748!! this is alot more then our actual holiday price.

Does anyone know if these prices will drop at all? or have i just looked too late! If this is the case i think we will have to get the Eurotunnel and drive as it will work out a fraction of the price.

The Eurostar is just so easy for us though. :(
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

jackieann

A friend of mine waited till after christmS for half term this year and they had an offer on but thats not guaranteed to happen. Have you priced up chaning at lille its a pain but could save lots.. call eurostar direct to price it..

Queen Elsa

I too looked at Eurostar for our next trip! Needless to say it will be a ferry and driving again! It's only just over 3 hours from Calais and costs so much less x

DisneyMichelle

Yeah, we have driven there many times so i know its a rather straight forward drive. Just like the idea of eurostar as we live 20mins away from Ashford and its door to door for us, and a nice relaxed journey. 

I think ill wait untill after xmas to see if there are any deals, if not then ferry or the tunnel it is x
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

polar vixen

For us it is A 5.5 hour drive just to get to the ferry and with 5 kids that Means we needto stop overnight in between stool about 400 cheaper though. It was going to cost us the same for eurostar as it would to stay in sequoia lodge for 5 nights!

glenn

Phone Eurostar up,the prices online are always higher for some reason.
Ps the Eurostar web site is the most confusing I have been on.

Livvipivvi

Hiya, is flying an option? Easyjet have a return flight from gatwick to cdg from £220 for all of you. That price is for a tea time flight out and a morning flight back, so you would miss part of your time at Disney. But for £368 you get a morning flight out and a late flight home, so you get the best use of the days your booked into Disney :) you would have to add the price of whatever transfers you choose to get you to disney, but a private transfer door to door would be 125-135euro. That's still a lot cheaper than the Eurostar :)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

HFJohnson

The February prices were released a while ago and as it's half term the cheapest ones would have sold very quickly. I would consider travelling via Lille as it's supposed to be very straightforward. The tickets to Lille will already be on sale but you can book the whole journey at once three months in advance. Alternatively you could go via Paris although this is a bit more of a hassle as you have to transfer onto the RER when you get to Gare du Nord.

DisneyMichelle

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Some good ideas and i will look into the flights and the lille connection.

Have done the lille connection before and it is very straight forward.

thanks everyone again :)