Will there ever be a 24 hr event at DLP?

Started by PrincessKirsty, September 06, 2014, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessKirsty

Getting slightly jealous of the American park's 24hr events, they look like such fun! Will DLP ever have such an event I wonder? can you imagine riding Big Thunder Mountain or Tower of Terror at 2am! or meeting characters in the pj's? i would totally go to it!

Sulley's Arms

DLP used to do EMH after park closing, but with the current financial limitations, opening later as well as earlier would simply mean added running costs.  Therefore not going to happen!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

jimtrim

Yeah, can't see that happening any time soon unfortunately.  :(The CM's schedules are pretty full-on and 'flexible', in the way managerial can invariably vary their shifts with less notice than you would want.
They'd have to employ lot more staff - and it's also more about the down time they need to clean, maintain, check EVERYTHING...considering DLP opens 365 days a year, don't see how they'd be able to keep it open all night....
....(bearing in mind the frequent ride-break downs that happen), and stay open trough to the following morning.
But maybe, one, or two, 24hr hour events, they could manage if they really wanted to? 

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

DLRP Roundup!

The US ones are only once or twice a year.

I think we will see it at DLP. Maybe for the 25th.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts