Free half board offer

Started by loulou169, August 11, 2014, 01:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi. Does anyone know how long they have been advertising this offer and if they keep extending it? I'm booking up for Halloween next year and am thinking is it worth waiting til the new year and see if they keep extending this offer? It does seem like a good one. Thanks, Louise x
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

polar vixen

I've found the 35% off offer plus free half board best usually his around match to May but I'm not Sutter if it includes October bookings.....

msRavenswood

We booked in April with 35% off plus free half board, then it went to 25% off plus free half board, 15% off plus free half board and now it's just free half board.

loulou169

Ok brilliant. So I think what I'll do is save, save, save until march and see what happens with offers!! That is gonna take such a long time!!

Livvipivvi

Hiya,

I've been wondering the same. We are hoping to go in december and really want the HB meal plan, but its 2 nights free at the mo.  I've been debating if I should book or not as effectively 50% off is not a bad offer at all.  So I've decided that I am going to book the hotel, but leave adding the meal plan for now and keep an eye on the offers. If an offer comes up that works out cheaper, I'll give them a ring and amend my booking to include the new offer.  So long as its going up in price, which it will be, they are always happy to make the changes and let you pay the extra. That way we have secured the offer thats on now, but if an offer comes up that also includes a meal plan, I can add it on. If a better offer doesn't come up, then I've secured the current deal and can add the meal plan on at any time anyway.

Lol, I'm reading that and it sounds like gibberish  ::) hehe! This is what I mean...

Booking the hotel for 4 nights now on the 2 days/nights free is £1557 and the HB is £648, a total of £2205, but based on that being a 50% discount, I have worked out that with a 35% discount and free HB offer it would cost £2024. I know that may be a little off, but it gives a ball park idea  :)

So the plan is to book soon and just pay the £1557 to secure our room and the price that is offered now, then if the better deal comes on, I'll phone up, change the booking to the new offer and pay the £467 or so difference, saving a few ££'s on the HB that we want anyway.  If nothing better comes along, then I'll just ring before we go and pay the £648 to add the meal plan and I've lost nothing  ;D

You have probably already read these but....
Its worth playing about with your arrival date a bit if you can, because it costs more to arrive on some days.
Don't forget to add and take away days, because when theres offers on, it often works out that a 4 night stay is cheaper than 3 nights...Bargain  ;D
Make sure you haven't been quoted for an upgraded room that you don't really want (some sites like to do this)
Shop around, www.disneylandparis.co.uk or www.disneyholidays.co.uk seem to be the best ones and quidco pay cashback on bookings made on the first one, although I think you have to pay in full on that site, whereas the second one lets you pay a deposit to secure  :D

If you want to look into the cash back on quidco heres a link, its 8.5% on all bookings at the mo too, its usually 4-4.5% http://www.quidco.com/user/3849834/1878688/disneyland-paris/

Sorry I've gone on a bit, but I hope it helps you to decide if you want to book now or not.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

loulou169

Livvipivvi I have to school holidays in October as I work in a school and cannot get the time off so I've got no room to move dates around which is a pain in the bum and by the looks of it costing me a fortune!! I was going to give it a miss next year as I've been more or less every year for the past 4 years and thought my kids deserve a beach holiday but to be honest I'm completely & utterly obsessed  with DLP and really want to go back!! So I thought you know what, I'm gonna book disney first them save for a last minute holiday self catering to Tenerife as they have a lot of bargains!! I'm pretty good at saving so I think this maybe feasible. She says, fingers crossed!! Lol the way you explained it too me does make sense but I have a feeling that wouldn't work for me as I wouldn't know what to say and end up looking like an idiot!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: loulou169 on August 11, 2014, 05:14:57 PM
Livvipivvi I have to school holidays in October as I work in a school and cannot get the time off so I've got no room to move dates around which is a pain in the bum and by the looks of it costing me a fortune!! I was going to give it a miss next year as I've been more or less every year for the past 4 years and thought my kids deserve a beach holiday but to be honest I'm completely & utterly obsessed  with DLP and really want to go back!! So I thought you know what, I'm gonna book disney first them save for a last minute holiday self catering to Tenerife as they have a lot of bargains!! I'm pretty good at saving so I think this maybe feasible. She says, fingers crossed!! Lol the way you explained it too me does make sense but I have a feeling that wouldn't work for me as I wouldn't know what to say and end up looking like an idiot!

lol, you couldn't sound more ridiculous than me, honestly, I'm a drip hehe!  :-X . All you have to do is phone them and say that you have seen that the offer on line is better than what you paid and see what they say.  They won't refund you anything, but they are usually happy to make any changes and add extras that mean that you have to pay more. I work in a school too, so know exactly what you mean. We are going just before Christmas and checking in on the Saturday after we break up is sooo expensive, so I'm looking to go on the Friday and drive to the airport straight after school, which works out fab because it's a surprise, we are just going to tell our DD's that we are going shopping or something lol. I may have to finish after lunch and pick the kids up early (I'll tell them they've got an appointment or something  ;))to give ourselves more time, but it is do-able if we finish normal time  :). Saturday is the most expensive day to check in, so even if going straight after school is no good, going on the Sunday or Monday should save you a bit of money. Lol @ the obsessed comment, I'm sure theres something in the air at DLP that makes us all feel like that.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

loulou169

Ahh I'm so excited for you!! I did the whole surprise thing in April gone. I told my girls before hand we was going Londo for a day trip, which we do a couple of times a year so they didn't think nothing of it!, we got to the station and then I told them!! It's the best feeling in the world but very hard not to say anything!! I was bursting!! Lol  I've read that Sunday and Tuesdays don't do direct Eurostar journeys.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: loulou169 on August 11, 2014, 06:18:38 PM
Ahh I'm so excited for you!! I did the whole surprise thing in April gone. I told my girls before hand we was going Londo for a day trip, which we do a couple of times a year so they didn't think nothing of it!, we got to the station and then I told them!! It's the best feeling in the world but very hard not to say anything!! I was bursting!! Lol  I've read that Sunday and Tuesdays don't do direct Eurostar journeys.

Aww fab! I bet they were sooo excited  :D. I know, I'm already finding it hard not to talk about it and I've not even booked yet lol. The London idea is really good, we go to london sometimes, so I may use that one if we get them from school early  ;).  I have heard about a sunday being a funny day for getting the direct to DLP eurostar, it depends on the time of year I think.  Halloween is a really busy time for DLP though isn't it, so they may run then? I may be wrong, someone on here will know though  :)

Andybear

Sundays do direct Eurostar journeys - I'm going on the direct Eurostar on Sunday September 14th  :D  That's in an off season so they should do them during the peak times.

loulou169

I've been Halloween twice before but in term time (very naughty I know!) beginning of October and we always went Monday to Thursday and the trains always been direct. I have read somewhere that on Sundays and Tuesday trains are not direct, it was either term time or holidays : /

Andybear

Quote from: loulou169 on August 12, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
I've been Halloween twice before but in term time (very naughty I know!) beginning of October and we always went Monday to Thursday and the trains always been direct. I have read somewhere that on Sundays and Tuesday trains are not direct, it was either term time or holidays : /

After I read this thread last night I rung and checked and the Eurostar I'm getting on Sunday 14th September is definitely direct.

loulou169

Quote from: Andybear on August 12, 2014, 02:52:53 PM
Quote from: loulou169 on August 12, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

After I read this thread last night I rung and checked and the Eurostar I'm getting on Sunday 14th September is definitely direct.

That's good! I can't imagine there being anything worse than doing half the journey and changing then waiting ages for the next train! Is just wanna get there FAST!! Lol I've just checked on Eurostars site and they do indirect Saturdays and Tuesday! But during school holidays services are direct every day.  :)

hannabdav

The two nights free offer isn't 50% off it's roughly 35-40% off your booking! I know that sounds strange but your package prices includes park tickets and the 2 night free offer is 2 nights free of room only, so you re still paying for 5 days worth of park tickets not 2/3!! The free half board works our better if you are going to book it alongside 35% off (remembering you only get 35% off if you are going to book a longer stay or stay in one of the more expensive hotels. E.g. A 2-3 night stay in the Santa Fe would only qualify for approx the 15% off and free half board). We booked DLH under the two night free offer.  When we repriced our stay to include the 35% and free half board it was £100 cheaper than what we had already paid!!! Unfortunately we couldn't change our booking as we had hone via a third party!!!

I hope you find something! I would love to go in February half term as we can g o for 3 nights in Cheyenne for £700 including eurostar which is cheap as chips but I won't think we can afford it!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

loulou169

Hannabdav it all sounds confusing!! I've booked before and then a better price has come up then it's too late to change! It's always the way! I'm definitly gonna hold out til next year and see what comes up. At the moment for October next year it's just free nights but I'd really like to book up the free half board if that's possible as I feel it is a really good offer as previously I've paid a small fortune on dining (but so worth it, especially Walts & Blue Lahoon!!) I've looked at February half term but I've got my heart set on the Halloween season as it brilliant and so much atmosphere. I missed going this year and very much regret it  :'( At least I now have a year to save as my kids now no longer qualify for free places, etc (ones going to be 8 and the other 13) do this trip will be my most expensive to date!