Does this price seem right?

Started by loulou169, August 11, 2014, 12:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi. Im looking to book my fourth visit with my two girls for Halloween next year. One of my girls is 13 and now classed as an adult so all other prices I've paid before this were very different. I've just been quoted £1670 for 3 nights half board plus at the Cheyenne including Eurostar. My last trip cost me just under £900 and that was full board plus and Eurostar!

I've been looking to drive but as I'm on my own with my kids this scares me. Is the drive easy to do? Would you drive there on your own?  Does anyone have any tips on booking, I mean should I wait til next year to book or who should I book with. I'm confused!! Lol

Thanks in advance for any replies. Louise xxx

Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

hannabdav

Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

hannabdav

I've just done a dummy run of 2ad and 1ch staying at the Cheyenne for 4 nights arriving on Tuesday 27th October and departing on Saturday 31st October and it's come out at £930 (it's on a 4 nights for the price of 2 deal).  For travel, if you can time it right and get the eurostar as soon as your dates are released, you can purchase this for £69 each return.  As you would be staying in the Cheyenne, you would only have half board standard so this would cost approx £55 per night.  So providing you can get the cheap eurostar tickets you would be looking at approx £1350.  There are other offers that arise such as the free half board so it may be worth waiting it out a bit, the crucial factor is getting the eurostar on release day!!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

loulou169

This quote was with clipper quays who I've used all the time.

When do euro star release tickets? I've tried looking for dates but couldn't find anything x

I really want to go again but if I can't get the price down I may have to leave it : (

Mrsya

We drove last time with two young children and it could not have been smoother. 7 hours door to door from the East Midlands. We stayed at the Davy Crockett (see my trip report) and it was perfect for us as we needed a high chair, travel cot, living space etc. It really is only 5 mins from park and parking is free and easy. I'd defo recommend the tunnel although the cost for our next journey has gone up. In may it was 90 for the car and for oct half term it is 170 return. Using tesco clubcard vouchers for a big chunk of that though.

I've always found disney direct to be cheapest but if you enter your dates into French website and find a better deal then ring disney they usually match it. They did for us and honoured the current UK free half board offer too. As a comparison we are paying £980 for two adults, two children this Halloween so maybe your offer isn't so bad...

loulou169

Thanks for your reply mrsya. I'm only in essex and I worked out the drive from my front door to disney is 4 1/2 hours which ain't too bad but I always think about "what ifs"!! What happens if I break down, get lost, etc!! I can really worry at times! I'm gonna save for the next few months and then in march book up and hopefully they'll have the free dining offers or other so that it'll save me some money.

polar vixen

I'm gonna be driving by myself with 5 kids next year for first time and an slightly scared but Ann gonna increase rac cover to include Europe to put my mind art ease. The route to Disney is really smooth but their sign posting is terrible so check maps beefier you go as the place names (Paris, Lillet etc) will give you direction rather than a road number. We got on the a1 going in the wrong direction! And turning around can be tricky, unless you have a say nav that includes Europe

loulou169

Oh god polar vixen that's what frightens me!! I wish I had someone to tag along with me for the first time but that just isn't going to happen!! But driving does save such a lot of money. But how much do people pay in petrol altogether? I can't imagine that being cheap?

polar vixen

Depends on your car, for us once we hit france it's 2 tanks of autogas, which is about 100 Euros.  The route itself is very direct; A1, A104, A4.  It does take about 3 hours BUT there are lots of nice services you could take a little break at, set your young ones up with a dvd and a comic and they'll be fine.  We do find it allot cheaper also from the angle that if you're staying at davy crockett (which is lovely by the way, and even cheaper than one of the hotels) you have a kitch and fridge freezer so you can drive over with snacks, crisps, juice etc, buy baguettes and ham etc. on site, and make up little packs for lunch which really saves cash.  It's also handy cos you don't have to worry about how much you can carry luggage wise, just load up the car.

Mrsya

Our diesel cost us £120 door to door, plus tolls of around €40 (which were so worth it for the empty motorway almost all the way there). I second the need for satnav! Davy Crockett makes driving a necessity for us but I have to admit I'm looking forward to the children needing less stuff so we can just sit on a train and be dropped off at the gate!

loulou169

Quote from: Mrsya on August 12, 2014, 07:47:13 PM
Our diesel cost us £120 door to door, plus tolls of around €40 (which were so worth it for the empty motorway almost all the way there). I second the need for satnav! Davy Crockett makes driving a necessity for us but I have to admit I'm looking forward to the children needing less stuff so we can just sit on a train and be dropped off at the gate!

Mrsya I know what you mean about being dropped at the gate! That's what really appeals to me and am thinking that's what I'm going to do next year! So is the £120 a return trip or just to Davy? Are the prices in France like ours?

polar vixen

We found that we filled the tank once before we left, then again before we left davy crockett for the return trip, it lasted us 10 days going into Disney and back aswell!

glenn

Try the walt disney travel company.They are the cheapest i,ve seen so far.
By the way,all you people who wait for free half board deals i,ll tell you what happened when my grandaughter and her boyfriend booked for sept this year.
They paid £841 staying at SL plus eurostar,three days later the same break with free half board was £1465,so price all options first.

Andybear

Quote from: glenn on August 13, 2014, 01:27:20 PM
Try the walt disney travel company.They are the cheapest i,ve seen so far.
By the way,all you people who wait for free half board deals i,ll tell you what happened when my grandaughter and her boyfriend booked for sept this year.
They paid £841 staying at SL plus eurostar,three days later the same break with free half board was £1465,so price all options first.

I'm going with the Walt Disney Travel Company next month.  I got exactly the same deal and price on the room as with Disneyland Paris (2 nights free) but the Eurostar was half the price.  The money that I've saved on the price of the Eurostar will go towards buying myself some pressies  :D

Mrsya

That was our total diesel cost from our house to Davy Crockett, disneyland and back 6 times and home, with some to spare. Our Eurotunnel cost approx £90 in May and £170 in Oct half term, tolls of €40 and cheap European breakdown with travel insurance from direct line for around £35. Euro travel kit that you have to have in your car for less than a tenner off ebay.

We saved on lunches as stocked up at breakfast and took lots of snacks, juice, treats etc with us in the car. Also meant more room for everything we needed and for lots of shopping!

Out of interest what are prices of Eurostar for 2 ad, 2 ch?