TGV Price

Started by Tai, August 03, 2014, 03:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai

I am off to Disneyland in a few weeks can't wait :D  We normally go with Eurostar direct from London but we decided to fly with British Airways as they had a better deal Flight + Hotel. I was checking the prices of the TGV and I could not believe how shocking the prices are £118 for 3 adults return. I am wondering is there a cheaper way off getting from the airport to Disneyland Resort? Is the vea-shuttle any cheaper than the TGV? If not how much are the TGV tickets on the day you arrive

Thanks in advice

nathalie

The more in advance (3 months) you book the TGV the cheapest, the longer you wait closer to date, the more expensive.

I go from Brussels to Disney for 25 € per ticket, if I can get it 3 months in advance.  If not, that 25 € can go up to 90 - 110 €.

DisneyRon

You can travel from Charles de Gaulle airport to Marne-La-Vallée for considerably less than the ticket price of the TGV, the distance isn't exactly that great. ;)

From the airport, take RER B (blue line) to Chatelet-Les Halles and then transfer to RER A (red line) to Marne-La-Vallée. :) Takes about an hour and 20 minutes to get to Disney, if I'm reading this correctly it'll cost €9,75 + €7,50 = €17.25 (a Zone 5-1 single ticket from CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles, and a Zone 1-5 single ticket from Chatelet-Les Halles to Marne-La-Vallée), which is a lot less than £118, even if the trip will be slightly longer as the RER train stops at most stations along the way.

http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/resultat-detaille/start/Aeroport+Charles+De+Gaulle+1+%28RER%29%2C+Tremblay-en-France/end/Marne-La-Vall%C3%A9e+Chessy+%28RER%29%2C+Chessy/is_date_start/1/date/2014-08-03/time/08%3A10%3A00/route_type/plus_rapide

hannabdav

We are going in 3 weeks and have just paid £48 for two adults once way, was so much cheaper a few months ago but only just clarified our plans!! We are getting a private transfer on the way to disney from cdg, purely because there is only one tgv scheduled after our plane lands and if we delayed etc then we would miss it! So private transfer there which is 70€ and then the tgv back to the airport a the end of the stay so we get more park time!!!! Xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

caspdex

Avoid the TGV if you can , nightmare from start to finish. Private transfer is the way to go unless you like trailing with suitcases, getting a seat on the train, waiting on the one lift working at CDG station etc.

captain rocket

I always used TGV for my transfers as it was quick and convenient. Since Rail Europe became SNCF the prices have risen to an intolerable level. It does'nt seem to make a terrific difference if you book in advance these days. I have just returned from DLRP and used RS transport with a shared transfer for 39 Euros for the two of us each way! Coincedentally we did not share with anyone in either direction. I am returning in October and the price for TGV at that time is 79 Euros return per person. That means that the shuttle transfer is half the price of TGV, they meet you just outside of the arrival area and take you to you hotel direct. So it's the shuttle for me! It really is ironic that if you book far enough in advance you can take Eurostar from London for only twice the price of the 10 minutes on the TGV.
Have a great trip.