DLRP Financial Status

Started by Javey74, September 27, 2007, 11:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

I've found the facts now.

EuroDisney restructured $2 billion in debt.
This was to half their debt from $4 billion to $2 billion

The Disney Co gave $1 billion in cash
and the remaining $1 billion was restructured with the banks. They basically repaid the intrest from the debt for the previous year and a half.

Just as the debts were getting settled Prince Al-Waleed offered to buy $247 million of Eurodisney shares which would reduce the Disney company's ownership from 49% to 39%.
Eisner agreed to this deal only if the prince would give a low interest loan of $100 million to build a convention center at Eurodisney (which I assume is now built or could be the one at Hotel New York)

Euro Disney had reported that is had lost $1.03 billion in less than 2 years since it opened

So to sum it up they must have sorted this out or they could have been in around $8 billion debt

Javey74

Thanks for all that financial information 'Alpop'  :D

Much appreciated  :!:

Kristof

QuoteEisner agreed to this deal only if the prince would give a low interest loan of $100 million to build a convention center at Eurodisney (which I assume is now built or could be the one at Hotel New York)

It's the one at Newport Bay Club.

Owain

Quote from: "Alpop"So to sum it up they must have sorted this out or they could have been in around $8 billion debt
Offtopic but, would DLRP shut down if it was in $8 billion of debt ?

Javey74

I find a common rule appearing here.  The more you are in debt, the more the banks and other investors will lose, if they decided to pull out.  So they would still rather come to an agreement to at least recover some of their money, otherwise they lose the lot.

By the way, what is the financial status of the other Disney parks around the world, are some more profitable than others, and if so why?

Also can anyone tell me how much it cost to build the DLRP Theme Park, the cost of the Studio's Park and the Disney Village.

:wink:

anthony2k6

Quote from: "javey74"If this is the case, has anyone got the net profit, just eliminating the debt owed for now.  

In other words how much did DLRP make in the last fiscal year after deductions i.e. (overheads costs etc).  Then it depends how much of that went into repaying the debt.  I'd be suprised if it was all of it.  You will always need money to invest into the following year.

:?:  :?:  :?:

from what i remember of the last report, there still was no net profit. they're still losing, just not as much as they were and were on target for profit in this period.

Javey74

I see  :wink:

Then again this year the money should be piling in, being the 15 years. This year will look good on the financial reports for that simple reason alone.  The real tester will be the following year.

:)

anthony2k6

Quote from: "javey74"I see  :wink:

Then again this year the money should be piling in, being the 15 years. This year will look good on the financial reports for that simple reason alone.  The real tester will be the following year.

maybe, but they've been spending a lot as well remember!

even if crushs/cars/tot and stitch were accounted for already, they've done quite a lot of refurbs this year as well - with a lot more still to do!

thekirtley

We can help them ge out of debt by going there lots lol :lol:
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

Javey74

Yes that is true, they have been spending aswell.  Hopefully that will just mean a reduced profit margin than no profit at all.

But as "thekirtley2" says, we'll keep visiting.  I'll second that one!

:D  :D

Alpop

A quick look on the press release site says that last years accounte were'nt released till November.
So that's another month to wait.