Is early October a good time to go for the Halloween Festival?

Started by Andybear, July 15, 2014, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andybear

Despite not having been on this year's trip yet (September) I'm already thinking about my next one!  I went mid December 10 years ago and loved the Christmas atmosphere, decorations, shows etc without the actual Christmas holiday crowds.  I'm interested in the Halloween Festival but I'd like to go early October and miss the school holiday crowds - I'm not bothered about the party on the 31st, I'd just like to be there for the atmosphere etc as I did for the Christmas season.  So my question is, is early October a good time to go?  Many thanks  :)

DisneyManiac

Well the Halloween Festival begins on 1st October so yeah, everything should be there!

MinnieMum

I've just booked for mid October, so excited!! Staying in golden forest club :)

captain rocket

I'm off mid October for my sixth Halloween at DLRP. I always go midweek and thoroughly enjoy it! There are good enough crowds to create an atmosphere without being manic (I always go midweek) And after last years Halloween cavalcade I can't wait to see if they stick to their promise to add a new float this year! In my opinion, the party is over rated and overcrowded, so you won't miss out on that!

Aurora1

we did go early october for the last 3 years and it was great!
Not always had the best weather, but had time to enjoy the hotel.(last year GFC)
like it has been said, the crowds are not to bad. The favorite rides tend to build up anyway, but still not as bad as summer.

seraphelle

We went last year from 3rd-6th October and it was superb. The cavalcade was beautiful and the weather was warm enough to walk around without a jacket. We had mild weather the whole trip and no rain so were pretty lucky. All the decorations were up and the meet & greet with Sally & Jack was on opposite Phantom Manor. We're going for the Hallowe'en party this year but would definitely go again early October on another trip as it was lovely. Highly recommend it  ;D The only bad point of our trip was that Its a Small World was closed the whole time we were there and the kids had been looking forward to doing that ride, but they soon forgot about it after their 10th go on Buzz  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

vampira

I will go on my first Halloween trip this year! I'm so excited, because I love Halloween and I love Disneyland, so this will be the perfect combination! ;)
Can't tell you about anything since this will be my first Halloween trip too, but just wanted to wish you a great time!  :)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Andybear

Thanks very much for all your replies - you've convinced me  ;D  ;D  I'd like to go next year so I'm going to start saving for it as soon as I get home from this year's trip  ;D