Car Hire advice?

Started by Discovery_Mountain, July 02, 2014, 01:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discovery_Mountain

Hey Guys!

I'm just trying to work out the details of hiring a car for a day during our trip. We are wanting to have an exertion to Parc Des Felins one day and as I found out last time Taxi's are so expensive that it will be far cheaper to hire a car for the day.

I've never hired a car in the UK before let alone France or driven on the continent (which I'm quire reserved about but I'm sure i'll be fine, hopefully)

Anyway has anyone rented before at DLP? I believe there is a Hertz rental at the train station but also saw something for a company called Sixt, Hertz seemed more expensive but possibly better?

Also when you rent a car do you get a high vis vest, warning triangle and breathalyser included or not?
Would you recommend getting additonal insurance?

Cheers Guys!
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

never2old

I haven't rented a car in DLP before, but I've used Sixt (in Spain) and had no issues with them, very efficient and their prices much better than the bigger companies like Hertz or Avis.  I would use them again.

You don't need a breathalyser in your car to drive around France (they law was never actually passed), so unless you're planning on drinking with the lions don't worry about it  ;) The warning triangle is usually included, and I would be surprised if they don't have the vests.

We usually get all the insurances, mostly for peace of mind, insurance it's usually like an umbrella, they day you leave it at home it's the day it rains.... Or maybe you can select which insurances you get, since you would only be getting the car for one day...

Please let us know about the Parc des Felins, I really want to go there sometime!!

Discovery_Mountain

Thanks for the advise!

Just a little bump for this thread to see if anyone has any experience from rent from DLP before.

Many thanks Matt.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)