Admiral's Floor VS HNY? Advice needed, please!

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, June 30, 2014, 08:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi everyone,

After four lovely years at the Cheyenne, we thought it might be nice to try somewhere new for our 2015 trip. I started to look at the Newport Bay Club last year and we were keen on it for this year's trip, but decided against it in the end due to the refurb. I've stayed there once before and loved it.

My boyfriend said "Ooh, does the Newport Bay Club do hot breakfasts?!" and we got all excited about the fact that it might (we love food haha), but after doing some research I can see that it's only the Admiral's Floor rooms that get the hot breakfasts (i.e. bacon, sausages, etc), so we went on the DLP website and were playing about with the price options. At that stage, I saw there was also the option to go for a lakeside view, which we thought would be lovely (particularly as some of the back rooms would presumably look out onto the car park or less 'magical' areas?).

However, all that added onto the NBC booking would mean it'd be even pricier than the Hotel New York! So my question is this - is it worth it to have all these extras at the NBC, or should we go for the HNY? And if you've stayed at the HNY, is it 'magical'? I am always worried it's a bit too formal and business-like :-[

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated :) Thanks all!

MinnieMum

The golden forest club at SL is going to have American breakfast from Nov 2014, so I'm guessing that will be hot food? x

daddyof2

We've only ever (2 trips) stayed at HNY, this year we had a plaza room looking out on the lake. It's very nice, comfortable and I think it's great for a couple (you don't say you have children) because the restaurant and bar are good. When we first went in 2002 my then girlfriend and I had a room with a queen size bed, which felt massive."Magical" is hard to define as far as I'm concerned. On another personal note, their hot breakfast didn't really appeal to me, I was happy with croissants and pastries.

ilovedisneylandparis

never2old

We love the HNY, it's always our first choice.

Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Their breakfast is great, we love the cooked breakfast, and their delicious orange juice. And the Manhattan Bar is the best of any Disney hotel, very welcoming and relaxed.

We didn't try the New York for many years because it looked more business like and less magical than any of the other hotels. It's true that they have the business center and you do sometimes see people going for serious meetings wearing serious suits and looking at you funny when you're wearing your Minnie Mouse ears  ;)... But we were wrong. There's plenty of Disney magic everywhere! We've stayed there with friends with little children, and just with adults, and we always had a great time  :D

pieeatingcanary

Newport bay admirals floor is lovely I have stayed there twice for my birthday , this time we are going to hny plaza room only because of the referb at Newport bay, the rooms at sequoia are also very nice after the referb had interlinking rooms with friends last October. Also had very good reports about hny from friends