A question re: Extra Magic Hours

Started by Andybear, June 27, 2014, 09:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andybear

I've just had a look at the list of rides open during EMH and the only ones I'm interested in are Dumbo and Peter Pan; I want to go on loads of other rides but they're not open during EMH.  My question is, are the Main Street shops open during EMH?  If so it might be a good time to look around them before loads of other people do  ;D

DLRP Roundup!

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Andybear

daddyof2

I would advise also going on Orbitron (similar to Dumbo) and Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast is fun. The shops are open all day and are rarely so busy as to worry about crowds, unless it rains. Use the last bit of the EMH to get close to a ride that isn't open until rope drop

Andybear

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 27, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
I would advise also going on Orbitron (similar to Dumbo) and Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast is fun. The shops are open all day and are rarely so busy as to worry about crowds, unless it rains. Use the last bit of the EMH to get close to a ride that isn't open until rope drop

Thank you.  I've been thinking about the Buzz Lightyear ride but I've read in several places that it's for 2 people - I'll be on my own so will I be able to go on it on my own? 

Princessjo

You can do every ride in disney on your own!  :)
Give a little whistle

Andybear

Quote from: Princessjo on June 28, 2014, 12:56:37 AM
You can do every ride in disney on your own!  :)

Thank you. I've been there on my own once before but that was 10 years ago and it's changed a bit since then  :)  I'm so excited about paying a return visit - roll on September 14th  ;D

daddyof2

Remember that the parks are open until 9pm, and some people will leave by 6 so there should be less crowds between 6 and 9 (assuming you can stay late). The rides are generally busiest in the few hours between lunch and the evening parade

Andybear

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 28, 2014, 09:36:57 AM
Remember that the parks are open until 9pm, and some people will leave by 6 so there should be less crowds between 6 and 9 (assuming you can stay late). The rides are generally busiest in the few hours between lunch and the evening parade

Thank you.  I'll be staying at Sequoia Lodge and my time will be my own so I'll be able to stay late  :)

MinnieMum

If you want to go on POTC I would recommend using the end of EMH to wait at the entrance to Adventureland.

Andybear

Quote from: MinnieMum on June 29, 2014, 02:40:41 PM
If you want to go on POTC I would recommend using the end of EMH to wait at the entrance to Adventureland.

Thank you - that's one of my favourites so will do that  :)

DiscoveryArcade

I'd love Big Thunder to be open on EMH. And Studios too, to relax at Place de Rémy near the beautiful fountain. :)

Andybear

Quote from: DiscoveryArcade on June 29, 2014, 11:13:26 PM
I'd love Big Thunder to be open on EMH. And Studios too, to relax at Place de Rémy near the beautiful fountain. :)

I agree with you about Big Thunder Mountain - it's another of my favourites.  The last time I went to DLP a lot of what's in the Studios now wasn't there - Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Playland, so I've got all those to experience as well as Ratatouille of course.  When I booked my trip I didn't know anything about the Ratatouille ride - it's one of my favourite films so I'm chuffed it'll be open when I'm there in September  :D

Princessjo

According the dlrp website there is a week of emh at the studios in novemeber :)
Give a little whistle

jeakat24

Quote from: Princessjo on June 30, 2014, 12:34:07 AM
According the dlrp website there is a week of emh at the studios in novemeber :)

Ooh, interesting! Hopefully if it's a success they might think about doing it more often. Would definitely come in very handy for Crush at least!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge