Urban Exploring - AdamTheWoo & LiveFastDiePoor

Started by Magic M, April 27, 2014, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

Hi Mouseketeers!

I've been religiously watching the YouTube videos of AdamTheWoo and LiveFastDiePoor which give a fascinating insight into Disneyland history and the relics of the past that lurk around the parks.

Obviously DLRP hasn't been open nearly as long as Anaheim or Orlando but there must be some relics that can be found if you look really hard for them.

I am told that the only reference to the original park name "Euro Disneyland" can be found in the train station on Main Street USA with EDRR logos reflecting the "Euro Disneyland Railroad".
In the Adventure Island section of Adventure land is a feature which sadly no longer lives up to it's name.  "The Rock That Rocks" was a large, flat man-made boulder which had a see-saw motion if two people sat on it.  This was concreted in position a few years ago and no longer moves.
The robot "5-Eye" which used to be a major part of the Visionarium attraction now resides hidden in the background of it's replacement - Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast.
Another attraction which looms in the background is the StarCourse.  Originally, after riders would exit Star Tours they had the opportunity to play a giant video game and learn to fly spaceships.  All that remains is the name against the back wall of the Star Tours arcade.  This arcade also used to feature some really cool AI games where you would talk to a computer!

Of course real "Urban Exploring" and the kind of things that got AdamTheWoo banned from Walt Disney World was his exploring "behind the scenes" and into parts of the park "off limits" to normal guests.  This is against park rules but doesn't stop some mishaps from occurring.

A former Cast Member friend of mine told me that when Toy Story Playland was first built this caused some major issues to their "backstage" areas.  Suddenly large parts of the park were visible from the top of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril as well as from the top of a nearby multi-story car park!  One good citizen took several photos of headless characters are posted them to Disneyland Paris!  How was he repaid?  They made him a Cast member!

If you know of any tasty morsels of Disneyland Paris history - I would really like to hear them

Magic M

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MagicMartin666

orangarnold

Quote from: Magic M on April 27, 2014, 03:05:24 PM
Hi Mouseketeers!

I've been religiously watching the YouTube videos of AdamTheWoo and LiveFastDiePoor which give a fascinating insight into Disneyland history and the relics of the past that lurk around the parks.

Obviously DLRP hasn't been open nearly as long as Anaheim or Orlando but there must be some relics that can be found if you look really hard for them.

• [size=78%]I am told that the only reference to the original park name "Euro Disneyland" can be found in the train station on Main Street USA with EDRR logos reflecting the "Euro Disneyland Railroad".[/size]
  • [size=78%]In the Adventure Island section of Adventure land is a feature which sadly no longer lives up to it's name.  "The Rock That Rocks" was a large, flat man-made boulder which had a see-saw motion if two people sat on it.  This was concreted in position a few years ago and no longer moves.[/size]
  • [size=78%]The robot "5-Eye" which used to be a major part of the Visionarium attraction now resides hidden in the background of it's replacement - Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast.[/size]
  • [size=78%]Another attraction which looms in the background is the StarCourse.  Originally, after riders would exit Star Tours they had the opportunity to play a giant video game and learn to fly spaceships.  All that remains is the name against the back wall of the Star Tours arcade.  This arcade also used to feature some really cool AI games where you would talk to a computer![/size]
Of course real "Urban Exploring" and the kind of things that got AdamTheWoo banned from Walt Disney World was his exploring "behind the scenes" and into parts of the park "off limits" to normal guests.  This is against park rules but doesn't stop some mishaps from occurring.

[/size]A former Cast Member friend of mine told me that when Toy Story Playland was first built this caused some major issues to their "backstage" areas.  Suddenly large parts of the park were visible from the top of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril as well as from the top of a nearby multi-story car park!  One good citizen took several photos of headless characters are posted them to Disneyland Paris!  How was he repaid?  They made him a Cast member!

[/size]If you know of any tasty morsels of Disneyland Paris history - I would really like to hear them!

[/size]Magic M

[/size]Be sure to check out my YouTube channel:
[/size][size=78%][/font][/size]
[size=78%]

Justin's videos have made me want to go to California so badly![/size]

Magic M

Justin is a cool guy.

By the way - sorry for all the formatting problems on my first post!  Don't know what happened there!

orangarnold

Quote from: Magic M on April 27, 2014, 07:41:30 PM
Justin is a cool guy.

By the way - sorry for all the formatting problems on my first post!  Don't know what happened there!

it's funny you should post this, as a few months back I pointed people out to LFDP saying how good it is

MinnieMum

This all sounds fascinating I will have to have a look, we've only been to DLP once but I have a fascination with old theme parks and how they have changed over the years. If only there were more hours in the day to watch/read everything!  :D