Upgrading a room

Started by seraphelle, June 23, 2014, 02:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

Hi guys,
I'm on my lunch so forgive this if it sounds a bit rushed and garbled, will do my best to be brief and make the most sense  ;D
Basically, we are staying at Sequioa from 28.10.14 - 01.11.14 for Halloween. We have gotten half board meal plan (premium) for our stay, are going to the wild west show, and have tickets for halloween party. My only worry now is the more I read, the more I think I may have underestimated how BUSY it is going to be on these dates (we went early October last time).
So I got to thinking about getting us a VIP fastpass, and have been in touch with a seller on ebay who said to contact him again around September and he'd do his best for us. However, I've read that these will no longer be possible come October as they're no longer giving them out (I'm assuming the ebay guy is a CM who gets them as a perk). So I thought, thats ok, I'm sure you can get the Premium Fastpasses that you buy from DLH, and we'll just get them for 1 day and make sure we do our favourites repeatedly on that one day then we can not fret about wait times and so on during the other days. However, they no longer do the Premium Fastpasses either I believe, so now I'm worried that we might spend the majority of our 4 days in queues for rides (obviously will use EMH as much as possible).
So (sorry to go on), I thought, how about I try and upgrade our Montana room to a Golden Forest room, am I right in thinking these rooms get the VIP fastpasses (as they are still available for hotel guests in certain rooms). From what I understand it measn we will have to cancel our old holiday, and completely rebook the new holiday with new criteria. Is that correct? I've also been told that if we decide not to attempt to rebook now, that when we turn up we can ask to upgrade there and then and if they have any available then we can do it that way. But honestly, during both an english and a french half term, how likely is it that they'll have rooms left?
My brain hurts. Could someone advise as to what is best? I've only been to DLRP once last year so am still very much a newbie to all this.
Thanks in advance  :) xxxxxxxxx
PS- sorry if this is in the wrong place Mods
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

daddyof2

No expert here, but if you look at 11.4.2 of the T's and C's at the back of the brochure, you will see you won't be charged extra to book a holiday at higher value (though I'm not sure what happens if you got a deal on your original package no longer available). However, you will be reliant on availability so get calling! It looks like you get the DLH fastpass in the GFC, not the VIP one

Sonyak3

As far as I know with the gf rooms u get one daily fast pass per person so it's nothing too major.

amanda08

You would need to book a suite, castle club or empire state room to receive a vip fastpass. As has been said you only receive 1 fast pass per day per person in the golden forest.

We ware in DLP last year in october during french and uk half term and we were staying in the Castle Club so had the vip fastpass. Even with this it was increadibley busy and I have to say we were very stressed by how busy the parks were. Even just walking around was not always easy. :(

I dont want to depress you, but definately be prepared for it to be very very busy. yOu really need to hit up EMH, try and eat outside of peak times and do as much as possible later at night when it is a bit quieter.

If you do think you may want to upgrade to a suite, you would need to do it now as last year almost all the hotels were fully booked - Castle Club had no availabilty at all and I would think the other suites would be the same too.

daddyof2

Seriously, who stays in the suites anyway? Families of Oligarchs or oil barons? Lottery winners? If I win the lottery we'll be in the Sleeping Beauty suite for Christmas (though it's possibly already booked)

never2old

We stayed in a suite in the DLH once (a junior suite), we had been saving for a special trip for our 10th wedding anniversary but by then we had our little princess, she was just a few months old and didnt want to leave her for too long... So we spent all our budget for a couple of nights in the Junior Suite. It was a beautiful, huge room and a wonderful experience, but unless we win millions we'll never be doing that again...

What's amazing is that the suites (and the Castle Club) seem to be fully booked, all the time!!

seraphelle, if you're set on the VIP fastpasses try the Empire State Club rooms in the Hotel New York. You should be able to upgrade, I guess you booked directly with Disney? The hotel is great and the Empire State Club is nice enough; the Castle Club is probably already fully booked (and way more expensive).

seraphelle

Thanks guys, we went through a travel agent (actually worked out cheaper believe it or not!) so I'll pop and see them at the weekend and see what they can do for us. I'll let you know if we get any joy xxx

seraphelle

Curiouser and curiouser: the ebay seller says the VIP passes that float around the net for purchase are still going to be around in October and not to worry, can anyone confirm / deny this? I admit I didn't read on here that they were coming to an end, it was on a review website, so I'm wondering as to the truth of this.