One day plan for WDW and DL vet?

Started by limace, June 14, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limace

Hi folks..I'm new here. We'll be in Paris in a couple of weeks and I'm planning one day at DLRP. My current plan is for Monday, July 7th-my first question is whether I should stick with that day or switch to my only other choice, which would be Friday, the 4th? The only reason I contemplate switching is that Monday is our last day-I'm wondering if we'll be too exhausted or we'll regret not having our last day in Paris. How different should crowds be on those two days?

That being said, can you point me at a good one day touring plan, focusing on the highlights for folks who've spent a lot of time in the US parks? I have a sense of which attractions to focus on (walk throughs, HM, etc) but don't have a good sense of what order to do things in. Planning to buy the 1 jour 2 parcs Francilien ticket, though could give the studios a miss (hoping for a ratatouille soft opening though!).

Thanks in advance..having so much fun reading the site.

daddyof2

I think both days will be busy - my limited recent experience tells me it was noticeably busier on the Friday than the Thursday when we were there. I assume a lot of people have "long weekends so visit DLP on Fridays and/or Mondays. What time will you have to leave on the Monday? That alone might make you visit on the Friday, so you can get a full day. You probably need to decide which attractions/rides/shows are your priority and do these, ideally picking a few that you can do in quick succession as soon as the parks open. There are good maps online, so pick a route through the park/s. Also, use Fastpass as best you can and check the queue times regularly. Bear in mind that the main park is open later than the Studios

limace

We don't fly out til Tuesday morning so we'd have the full day Monday.

I have a sense of what we want to see; I've just counted on touring plans in the past to help me structure my day to minimize lines, and can't seem to find something comparable for DLRP.

DLRP Roundup!

Early hit Big Thunder in DLP
As the park opens in WDS another day do Crushes Coaster (the absolute best wait you'll ever see is 20 mins)

Space Mountain gradually drops in wait after lunch. You'll get into all the WDS shows without issue so don't prioritise those.

Stay late and you'll go round everything.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

LotsoHugginBear

Friday morning is mostly ok but after that it becomes really crowded. It seems as if many people arrive from early afternoon and stay for the weekend. On Sundays you can see the opposite, crowds are getting less from about 16:00.
So I would prefer Monday for the visit. It's holliday time and there will be lots of people in the parks but less than Friday.

Be there at 9:30 -  maybe it's possible to enter the park a bit earlier.

guest8408

I have a day trip coming up too. My plan is to just sit down one day and look up average wait times and figure out an order for going around the parks. Make sure you get there early and then stay right up until closing time.
Another thing is, when eating, maybe don't go for table service options, as they'll take up more of your time. Quick service may be a better option :)

limace

Thanks, all! We will definitely just be doing counter service food.

Couple follow up questions:
-Does DLP enforce fast pass return times, or can you return any time after the time on your FP (the way you used to be able to do in the states)?
-Is there an app or site that shows current wait times? Is their wifi in the park?

msRavenswood

Quote from: limace on June 21, 2014, 05:52:55 PM
Is there an app or site that shows current wait times? Is their wifi in the park?

Here's the link to the app that shows opening hours and waiting times: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/disneyland-paris/id396908589?mt=8

As for wifi in the park, unfortunately it's not available. But, there are some alternatives. Take a look here: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/practicalities/internet-access-wifi/

daddyof2

Yes, there is a DLP app, available for free from ITunes. Other app providers may be available. I have the app but didn't use it in the parks, as I'd have had to use my roaming service which can work out expensive. The wait times for popular rides are displayed in the parks, but I think long wait times are common on Crush's Coaster, BTM, Orbitron, Autopia, Peter Pan and Mad Hatters Teacups.

dansmith

We just got back, but was there on Monday afternoon and wait times weren't to bad, from past visits crowds get busy on Friday afternoons.

Regardless of which day Thunder mountain and Peter Pan wait times get long fast, so try to do them first thing or fast pass them, I would pick up your fast pass's early. For some reason we find Buzz is either really long or really short so maybe consider fast pass that as well.

In studios Crush times are always long if you see it at 20-30 do it!! unless you feel you have time to wait longer.

Dan