What´s a disney classic in your country?

Started by Riebi, March 19, 2007, 11:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Searching for some disney classics for my DVDs I stumble about a question that maybe a bit confusing:

What´s a disney classic in your country?

In germany the disney classic brand isn´t realy there. On DVD you can read a "Walt Disney Meisterwerke" (Walt Disney Master Pieces) but the german Meisterwerke aren´t the US classics.
An example:
Chicken little isn´t a disney classic but it´s a german "Meisterwerke".
What are the specifications to be a classic and why they are so diffrent between divers countries?

On the other hand the "Meisterwerke"-brand in germany isn´t much established like the disney classics brand in other countries. A marketing failing? Most Disney DVD fans in germany doesn´t note that they bought a "Meisterwerke"-DVD or another.

The meisterwerke-brand on the Chicken little cover and on cinderella  
(pics from amazon.de)

Has TWDC a worse marketing plan on there disney DVDs in germany?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

We in Germany have this brand on every Disney DVD, just on the Pixar movies it's not there. I don't know if in UK for example the Walt Disney Classics brand is just on specific movies or like our Meisterwerke brand on every movie. Normally a classic movie is one of the older ones for example Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and so on.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Riebi

And that´s the point: The "Meisterwerke"-brand is on every Disney Cinema Movie. Excepts are the movies wich just are on DVD like Cinderella 3 or Leroy and Stitch.
The "Walt Disney Meisterwerke" is than replaced by "Walt Disney Pictures Präsentiert" (Walt Disney Pictures presented) like on the Cinderella 3 DVD:

But it´s the same style as the "Meisterwerke"-sign.

:D It must be something special with the classic  :D

Anthony

Yeah, in the UK we have Walt Disney Classics, which applies to all of the major feature length films (Snow White to Home on the Range).  It's also on Chicken Litttle and The Wild.  :x

I have a feeling it has been used on a sequal or two as well... maybe ones that were released in cinemas? I'm not sure... I think they're more careful with it than they seem to be in Germany though, which is good!

For some reason disney.co.uk doesn't have a home entertainment page anymore...  :?

Riebi

My DLRP 15 birthday wishes:

Disney Germany please be careful with the Meisterwerke/Classic sign!

Disney UK please make a wonderful home entertainment page for baloo and give him a place on the castle´s charakter makeover!
 :lol:

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"Yeah, in the UK we have Walt Disney Classics, which applies to all of the major feature length films (Snow White to Home on the Range).  It's also on Chicken Litttle and The Wild.  :x

I have a feeling it has been used on a sequal or two as well... maybe ones that were released in cinemas? I'm not sure... I think they're more careful with it than they seem to be in Germany though, which is good!

For some reason disney.co.uk doesn't have a home entertainment page anymore...  :?

Haha my chicken little has Walt Disney Pictures Presents, but then again it is a dutch copy so obviously the dutch got it right :lol: .  Also yeah disney.co.uk is becoming fast a boring site with no decent home entertainment page, meaning you can only buy dvd's from disneystore online instead.

Kristof

All none-Classics carry the Walt Disney Pictures logo here in the Benelux.   :)

Anthony

Just looking through my DVDs, it looks like The Jungle Book 2 got the Walt Disney Classics label, but all the others are Walt Disney Pictures Presents.

I remember it caused a bit of uproar with fans at the time, though I can understand why they'd call it a 'Classic', considering who it stars... 8)