HB plus add on - help...

Started by pialykke, October 17, 2014, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

Can I just ask... Trying to work out if it would be wise for us to book the half board plus plan....
If we were to eat at:
Plaza Gardens - buffet costs €27.49 for an adult. Meal plan costs €33... Would we be able to buy an extra soft drink then with the voucher being of more value than the meal?
Also, at Bistrot chez Remy, do we get the Emile menu with dessert and drink? It doesn't say on the Restaurant Menu which is included in HB/FB...
And - how about Annette's? It used to say a specific menu for meal plans, but I also can't find that anymore - would it be a face value purchase there too??
Hope someone can help :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Queen Elsa

We went in September and had the plus plan. Plaza gardens was unlimited drinks. We had the Emilie menu in Chez Remy. Annette's was a set menu, we had a choice of a side order, something from The Mega menu and a dessert or milkshake and a soft drink. My hubby didn't want a dessert one of the days so the gave him a French coffee instead. You can also use the vouchers at face value but it's more cost effective and better value to eat from the set menu x

pialykke

Quote from: Queen Elsa on October 17, 2014, 11:58:44 AM
We went in September and had the plus plan. Plaza gardens was unlimited drinks. We had the Emilie menu in Chez Remy. Annette's was a set menu, we had a choice of a side order, something from The Mega menu and a dessert or milkshake and a soft drink. My hubby didn't want a dessert one of the days so the gave him a French coffee instead. You can also use the vouchers at face value but it's more cost effective and better value to eat from the set menu x

Thanx Queen Elsa, that's a great help.
I've just spotted the note on the Annette's menu now, and it is the Hula Hoop menu... (That's a LOT of food! Wow!) Definitely worth the meal plan I think! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Queen Elsa

Quote from: pialykke on October 17, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

I've just spotted the note on the Annette's menu now, and it is the Hula Hoop menu... (That's a LOT of food! Wow!) Definitely worth the meal plan I think! :)

It was a lot!! Lol. It was so nice though, we went twice!!! It worked out really well for us as our son just shared our meals. I would definitely recommend the meal plan as you end up getting a much better deal. We went full board. If you are planning on eating at Chez Remy (which I would definitely recommend as it was amazing!) book in advance as it isn't open too late and booked up quickly x

pialykke

Quote from: Queen Elsa on October 17, 2014, 01:44:59 PM

It was a lot!! Lol. It was so nice though, we went twice!!! It worked out really well for us as our son just shared our meals. I would definitely recommend the meal plan as you end up getting a much better deal. We went full board. If you are planning on eating at Chez Remy (which I would definitely recommend as it was amazing!) book in advance as it isn't open too late and booked up quickly x

Yes, thanx again for your advice. I think we are going to do it - I spoke to my mum about it tonight (she and my sister are coming too) and she said go for it. So will ring and book tables tomorrow, and then (don't know if they are open on weekends) add the meal plans Monday (if not tomorrow).
Our sons are 6 and 8, and I know they will be really disappointed if they had to share our meals, so we'll be getting them their own vouchers. They are so good in restaurants too, (no bragging here...... ;) ) they sit and eat their meals, they don't run around. Bless them. And they really appreciate going out to dinner, it's so sweet. (Ok, bragging a bit now... ;) ) But great for you, that your son could share your meals - how old is he?

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Queen Elsa

Quote from: pialykke on October 17, 2014, 11:31:48 PM
Quote from: Queen Elsa on October 17, 2014, 01:44:59 PM

Yes, thanx again for your advice. I think we are going to do it - I spoke to my mum about it tonight (she and my sister are coming too) and she said go for it. So will ring and book tables tomorrow, and then (don't know if they are open on weekends) add the meal plans Monday (if not tomorrow).
Our sons are 6 and 8, and I know they will be really disappointed if they had to share our meals, so we'll be getting them their own vouchers. They are so good in restaurants too, (no bragging here...... ;) ) they sit and eat their meals, they don't run around. Bless them. And they really appreciate going out to dinner, it's so sweet. (Ok, bragging a bit now... ;) ) But great for you, that your son could share your meals - how old is he?

Haha, bragging definitely allowed!! Our kids are the same, I always feel quite smug that they sit and behave when we go out for dinner! Our son is only a baby so was 14 months when we went. They don't do vouchers for under 3s which is why he shared ours. The steak house and Chez Remy gave him complimentary baby food and a dessert which was a nice touch I thought. The kids menu is pretty good for your sons, our daughter is 3 1/2 and a bit fussy but she ate quite well from the set menus. I'm so jealous you are going so soon!! I'm waiting for them to release dates for next December so I can book again!! Never ever wanted to do Disney but wanted to book my next trip again before we had even left!!! Xx

hawian rollercoaster

If you book golden forest with the current offer of a free meal plan what vouchers do you get plus or premium?

amanda08

hawian rollercoaster

Thanks I have another query . Last year we had premium vouchers stayin at dlh we went to cafe mickey and they gave us a voucher back as three vouchers was enough to cover the bill this voucher went to waste as it was the last day however my question is could we have used this at a counter service resturant ?

hawian rollercoaster

DisneyRon

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on November 08, 2014, 12:20:58 PM
Thanks I have another query . Last year we had premium vouchers stayin at dlh we went to cafe mickey and they gave us a voucher back as three vouchers was enough to cover the bill this voucher went to waste as it was the last day however my question is could we have used this at a counter service resturant ?

yes you could have, plus vouchers should be accepted at all counter service restaurants without issues. :)