Animagique Closed until 19th - Reason Unknown

Started by DisneyManiac, May 17, 2014, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Straight from insidedlparis twitter feed.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, strange or what?

Rocketeer

I guess they've had a technical fault that can't be fixed or worked around to continue with the show.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

gleamteam_matt

OK.. I made a username just so I could respond to this thread.

My wife and I were at Disneyland Paris on Saturday, May 17th.  We were in the 12:45 Animagique showing.

Approximately 6-7 minutes into the show (during the King Louie/Jungle Book scene), the scrim was brought down all the way and the house lights were brought up.  My wife saw the black-lit monkey puppet completely dropped to the stage.  Also just before the curtain was closed, I was able to see (what I thought looked like) two legs being dragged from behind the scrim and out of view.

After the show, I had asked one of the cast members at the front of the attraction what had happened.  He responded that he was not sure.  He was just told that they were having "technical difficulties".

If anyone could find out exactly what happened, I would greatly appreciate it.

DisneyManiac

Mitchell

Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

DLPWonders (Banned)

I think there's more to it then somebody fainting.
Even if it's a serious medical condition, they always have a replacement for that person.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Lucylouby

It was still closed yesterday when we tried to go in, apparently due to technical difficulties last weekend.  They were unsure how long it was going to be closed for.   I am intrigued as to what went on, but if health and safety are involved I'm guessing it could take a while to get it back running again. 

orangarnold

If it's still closed it could be something a little more serious than just fainting. :(

WalkerboyUK

We went in the Studios on Tuesday & Wednesday of last week and it was running fine.