booked Sante Fe/choosing building block we want in advance

Started by Scally, June 03, 2014, 08:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scally

Hi

We just booked Sante Fe for September and when we requested the Lightning McQueen block because it seems handy for getting breakfast and the bus, the person on the phone said she could make a note but it wouldnt be seen until the morning we arrived and that's all.

We asked if we could contact DLP itself and she said no.

She was in a call centre in the U.S. and didnt have a map of the hotel or know the names of the blocks so just wondering if she's right.

Can we not contact the hotel or customer relations in advance and make this request?

Thanks guys

sue81

Don't know how up to date this info is
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Tel: 00 33 1 60 45 78 00
Fax: 00 33 1 60 45 78 33
Email: dlp.sfe.front.office@disney.com
The central reservations number is Tel: 00 33 1 60 30 60 53

Give that a try  ;D
We are staying at the Santa Fe - where did you get a resort map? What type of room have you booked?

Scally

a lot of googling  and using the old map found on designing disney's website

[size=78%]http://www.designingdisney.com/content/designing-disney%E2%80%99s-hotel-santa-fe[/size]

block 41 seems to be the lightning mcqueen block. I'll have a search and see if i can find it again. We just asked for a connecting room. Is there anything we should ask for . The prices changed quite a bit lately for the same dates.. down 170 euro

sue81

We've booked a rio grande room as it's a bit closer to getting to walkway for the parks. I'll probably try and get a block closest to the parks I suppose.
Will have a look to try and find a map. :)

sue81

Found one on trip advisor, I wonder if the Sally block or luigi block is closer to the parks!
Didn't occur to me to be close for breakfast  :o

Scally

My family don't want to walk whereas I don't mind. That's why I'm trying to get close to breakfast and bus so they won't complain. We have a granny and small kids with us.

Have you a link for the map.

Thanks for the numbers I'm going to call them and see what they say.

sue81

We're going in February so depending how cold it is and how busy will depend whether we get the bus. I think we'll walk a couple of times (also depends how much time we have)

See if this link works http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/37/0d/1c/disney-s-hotel-santa.jpg
Block 41 looks like a good one to be in for you guys ;D
Let us know if you get any joy using those numbers :)

Ravenseye

On our previous two visits we have asked to move rooms, once as my son had been given a room in a totally different block to us despite requesting we were placed close to each other, and then just because we were allocated a first floor and found it very noisy, so moved to a ground floor room. On both occasions the staff could not have been more helpful. It just depends how full the Santa Fe is. We were shown a map, told what was available and asked to choose where we wanted to move to, no problem. They were blocks close to the main building/bus etc...but the riverside rooms are indeed very handy if youd rather walk to the parks and its a lovely walk back on a moonlit eve.

Hope it works out for you  :)
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

littlebitofpixiedust

On previous visits I have emailed the hotels in advance (sequioa lodge/disneyland hotel) only ones I done this with so far and asked for ground floor rooms, my son is a wheelchair user and even though there are lifts its a lot of hassle and he's heavy to carry up the stairs if they break! (like a previous visit to SLH) and they usually email back saying to email again 7days before arrival. And they have both occasion gave us ground floor :)

So I'm sure it should be same principal I'd find the email for Santa fe and try it? I can't for the life of me re,end where I got the direct emails! I think I googled them lol hope this helps!!

Scally

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I really appreciate them . I'm going to contact them and see what happens

Samninetysix

I love the walk to the parks from Santa Fé. It was the first Euro Disneyland hotel we stayed in back when Clint was on that big billboard. Doesn't matter whether it's a crisp, cold sunny day in January or the middle of summer - it's just great.