When to book for Christmas 2015

Started by sewpollyesther, May 24, 2014, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sewpollyesther

We are throwing around the idea of spending Christmas 2015 at DLP but not sure when is the best time to book.

We want to get the best deal obviously, but don't want to risk missing out by leaving it too late.

It will be 2 adults and 3 children who will be 3,5 and 7.

Does the free under 12s deal ever cover Christmas? Or do I just need to look for free under 7s for the two little ones and pay for the older one?

With 3 children it seems we are more limited as to which hotel we can use? Is that true? Which hotels have rooms for 5 people?

Thanks for helping out a newbie to the forum. My husband and I have done DLP, DW and DL pre-kids but never with the kids and I even worked at DLP one summer so very excited to go back.

bad-pink-tink

I was at DLP last Christmas with my mum,  check out my pre trip planning information about Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Meals and my Christmas trip report

We booked in September, with a travel agent. As it was just the two of us, waiting for any of the deals didn't really matter. Booking early gives you more choice of the special Christmas meals, as they all have limited spaces. Also I would advise advance booking for any restaurant, as Christmas week is peak and the park & hotels are at full capacity. We ate at Blue Lagoon on Boxing Day and our waiter told us the restaurant was full and they were not taking walk ins, only advance reservations.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

sewpollyesther

Thankyou for such a quick response, that sounds like great advice!

I need to look into what the different options are for food for Christmas Eve/Day. I showed my husband the HNY Christmas Lunch and he ran scared at the price... Plenty of time to plan it though.

Does anyone know when they release the winter 2015/16 bookings?

bad-pink-tink

We did the Christmas Lunch at HNY and yes the price is high but i was worth it. The buffet menu was French Fine Dining  style which we love but it might not suit everyone. There were children and families but I guess every parent knows what their children will eat and book accordingly. The character interaction was brilliant too. We were in The Manhattan Restaurant, which is small, others were in the big function room.

For the two of us, the price was reasonable, a high quality 4 course buffet meal with a glass of champagne and characters included but I guess when you are a family it could get expensive.

I started asking different travel agents in August, I think the brochure came out in August. The best thing to do is just go into any travel agent and ask when they expect the Winter Disneyland Paris brochure.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

sewpollyesther

LotsoHugginBear

For a family of five the ranch would be a good option. Some hotels offer family rooms, just ask your travel agent or call the Hotline.

gemma2806

Usually DLP do a free nights early booking offer for winter stays so I'd keep a look out for these as this will be the best deal. This usually includes free stays for under 7s. DLP seem to have become more reserved with their free for under 12 deals.

Although family rooms for 5 are available you are very limited with the hotels that do this and also you pay a premium price for these rooms. I have stayed before as a party of 5 in the Cheyenne with 2 adults and 3 children and the cheaper option was to split the people over the rooms and have a connecting room. We said that it would be 1 adult and 1 child in one room and 1 adult and 2 children in the other room. Obviously when we got there the 2 adults had the one room and the 3 children stayed in the other. We kept the inter connecting door open at all times and we never had any trouble with this.  :D