disneyland hotel or hotel new york

Started by girlinleeds, May 19, 2014, 12:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlinleeds

dh has decided he is coming with me and dd to disneyland in february, ive booked the hotel new york as i've never stayed there but am still wondering if i should see if i can upgrade to the disneyland hotel. Dh has said this is our last ever trip to disneyland as next time we'll go to florida (will be in about 4 years) do i stick with the new york or book the disneyland. Stayed in the disneyland many years ago for my 18th birthday and did love it but cant decide if its worth the extra £500 or if i should just use the extra as more spending money
thanks

captain rocket

Normally I would go for the New York, but given that it may be your last visit for a while and the time of year (February will be cold) I think that the convenience of being able to pop back to your hotel for a warm up and a break wins the day.
I have assumed that money is not a major problem (I don't spend £500 on any of my trips!) so enjoy a bit of luxury!

girlinleeds

Thanks, we're not rich but I won £250 on staff lottery so technically would only need to find £250,  I am so tempted to upgrade as I could just imagine dd's face. Wonder if I could keep it a secret until we go in feb

never2old

Oh yes, treat yourselves!!  :D Imagine if you get a cold, wet day... You'll always be a few minutes away from your room, you can just pop in for a change of clothes or simply to warm up a bit!!

girlinleeds

may have just upgraded the hotel, now just to try and keep it a secret until February, cant wait to see dd's face so excited 

gemma2806

You've definitely made the right choice with upgrading! I'm saving for our big trip for the 25th anniversary in 2017. Every time we visit we say next time we'll stay in the DLH but never do! This trip I'm actually splitting the holiday between two hotels, definitely the New York as we've never stayed there but I've been trying to decide whether to stay in the Newport or the DLH. It is a question of money cause for the price of a 4 night/ 5 day stay at the DLH I can stay 8 nights and 9 days at the New York! If I get the money it will be DLH all the way otherwise it'll be a case of oh well next time we visit!  :D

captain rocket

I think there are a lot of us who will be pushing the boat out and staying at DLH  for the 25th, after all  we will have to wait a long time for such a good excuse to spend that sort of money!!