Character Dinner at Inventions

Started by glgittens85, May 09, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glgittens85

Hi All

We are off to DLP 4th June and I am going to be making reservations this weekend for dining.

I will be booking for Character Breakfast at Cafe Mickey - My question is:

Is it worth doing a Character dinner at Inventions too? Or is one better than the other? i.e do Inventions instead of Cafe Mikcey or vice versa

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Gemma

Princessjo

We always do both when we go but tend to do brunch at inventions rather than dinner as its quieter and the characters spend more time with you  :)
Give a little whistle

jackieann

I prefer inventions,  food is better and not loud and manic like cafe mickey. We used to go cafe mickey every trip untill we went to inventions for me it's worth the extra cost.

seraphelle

We did both when we visited but much preferred Inventions, although the interaction from Chip n Dale in Cafe Mickey was probably the most I've laughed in years. I did find Cafe Mickey a bit sticky and grubby whereas Inventions seemed cleaner and more comfortable to eat in.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Livvipivvi

Hiya,

We are going to DLP next weekend and have recently made our meal reservations.  We are also first timers, so not sure if I'm much help, but I've booked both. We are going to cafe mickeys on our second night and inventions on our last.  From what I've read cafe mickeys seems much more uptempo and fun than inventions, so although the characters may be similar everything else about the two sounds very different. I really battled with this too, but decided on going to both because I thought that it would be nice to experience both of them.  I know inventions is much more expensive, so I picked it as a treat for our last night, and thought that the quieter environment would be appreciated by our by then, very tired DDs  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!