How to Make the Wait Go Faster!

Started by DisneyManiac, May 13, 2014, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

It's quite a simple method! Instead of checking up every time, go out and enjoy life, ignore the countdown for a while. Then after a month or so, depends on how far away your trip is, you'll think "Man, doesn't time fly by?"

Try it out, works for me!

msRavenswood

Quote from: DisneyManiac on May 13, 2014, 07:22:08 PM
It's quite a simple method! Instead of checking up every time, go out and enjoy life, ignore the countdown for a while. Then after a month or so, depends on how far away your trip is, you'll think "Man, doesn't time fly by?"

Try it out, works for me!

Hmmm, easier said than done, but you're totally right!  ;D

Mrsya

Only 5 sleeps for us and it feels like we've got an age to go. Normal life is on hold while I work through my list of pre holiday jobs!

seraphelle

As much as I'm looking forward to going this year, I'm dreading the first day back because that figure on my little Disney countdown frame at home is going to be larger than I'd like this time around! Boooooooo! No chance of trying to forget to count dowb either unfortunately in my house, its the first thing the kids do when they come downstairs in a morning  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DisneyManiac

What I meant was if the trip is a couple of months away, if it was a couple of weeks away or less, then geek out about it!

ewormas

Hi
I tend to make a Disney style breakfast; croissants,pain au choc,juices,cheese ,ham etc and put on a Disneyland Paris cd once a month, and just chat about what we want to do on hol with the kids.
Keeps me happy!

Mrsya

Quote from: DisneyManiac on May 14, 2014, 07:30:28 PM
What I meant was if the trip is a couple of months away, if it was a couple of weeks away or less, then geek out about it!

Oh good!! I can geek away then! My husband says I've turned into a DisneyZilla! He'll be happy for it when we get there and I'm not completely in the dark about everything... He's the most excited to give our little boy his lanyard full of disney pins and we would never have even known about them if it hasn't been for my nightly forum fix!

DisneyManiac

OMG! That's a great idea! Nice one!

Mileto

A month ago I booked our next visit in september. My daughter doesn't know AT ALL. Last time I said - enough with Disney, you've been there three times already. Let's travel somewhere else. She understood but I know her "pain"  ;D  she is watching the videos we made, fotos... So it will be a big surprise for her. She has birthday on 25th of June. I plan to wrap a big present box in nice paper with something heavy in it. She will be unwrapping, searching..... to find at the end the reservation  ;D
This is what keeps my days going easy and happy till this moment, it is a part of our time waiting to tell her that makes us smile secretly.
We go to Rome next week, in July is the Black Sea, sooo no time really to suffer  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

littlebitofpixiedust

I find listening to see Disney music, coming on here reading trip reports ect helps!
It always drags but what amazes me is how bloomin fast it goes when you finally get there...  :'(  But then that's what they say time flies when your having fun!
Roll on sept 28th and I won't be too sad saying goodbye as we're be going back 17th dec LOL yes a little mad but I don't care. :)

daverhemming

I can't wait.  Can't wait to wake up and suprise the kids.  Will be amazing