Disneyland Hotel

Started by giselle, May 05, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giselle

I have been visiting DLRP since 2000' and always stayed in one of the hotels, the only ones we haven't done are the main one and the New York.
This year it is my 50th birthday and we have decided in February 2015we are going to stay in the Main Disney Hotel (the pink one!!! As we call it).

There will probably the usual gang of me, hubby, 2 sons (eldest 24, youngest 16) and my husbands parents.

I keep seeing different opinions on the hotels and wondered if anyone can clear a few things up for me.

1.    If you stay in the normal rooms, as opposed to the castle rooms, do you get character breakfasts each day for your stay?

2.    What effect will the "no characters" in hotels have that is proposed later this year?

3.    Is the castle club worth upgrading to, or are the normal rooms ok?

4.    Do you get the scramble at breakfast time?

Many thanks for your anticipated help.

Aurora1

1. No, there are no characters for the normal breakfast.

2. There will be no characters doing meet n`greeets in the hotel lobby. They are said to be in the parks for EMH instead.

3. never stayed in CC, so can`t say.

4. No scramble, no crowd at breakfast!

Adam

On breakfast, it depends what time you go, but normally, you won't queue for long to get in. It's a great breakfast too!

never2old

We've been lucky enough to stay in the Castle Club a few times and we love it. Unfortunately prices are ridiculous...

Rooms are the same as the standard ones (unless you go for the even more expensive suites); the best rooms are the park view rooms (also more expensive than the non-view rooms), they face straight into Main Street (some even have balconies), the view is absolutely amazing, it's almost like sleeping in Main Street itself!

The lounge for breakfast is heaven, very comfy, great views once more, and I understand that the characters will remain there after November (don't quote me on that though). Food is great (I think it's the same as downstairs in the normal breakfast room), but the setting is really wonderful.  Perfect start to the day really.

You can also go back to the lounge in the afternoon for soft drinks and cakes, again a wonderful experience. And because you're never too far away from the hotel, you're very likely to pop in for a little break....

Then you also have the VIP fastpasses, if you're going when the park is busy they're amazing! They're the main reason my DH loves the Castle Club. And even if the park is not too busy, some rides like BTM or Buzz always have longer queues, if you can do them in 5-10 minutes instead of 20-30 minutes, it's simply brililant!! And the new Ratatouille ride will have fastpasses too!

If you want to totally spoil yourself for your birthday, and it's not going to ruin your budget for the year, go for the Castle Club....  Yes it is over priced, but it doesn't get more special than that!!

smurfy74

Yes you do get characters greeting you at breakfast and the DLH is keeping them but all others will lose them. I'm going in November and they've confirmed the breakfast characters on my booking also breakfast is very relaxed

cazspence

Quote from: smurfy74 on May 07, 2014, 01:07:19 AM
Yes you do get characters greeting you at breakfast and the DLH is keeping them but all others will lose them. I'm going in November and they've confirmed the breakfast characters on my booking also breakfast is very relaxed
It must be the start of nov you are going because it has been confirmed that the only characters will be in the castle club breakfast. Not the main hotel breakfast. I have spoken several times to confirm this as we go on the 17th so were considering castle club upgrade.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: smurfy74 on May 07, 2014, 01:07:19 AM

They are ONLY staying at the Castle Club.
The breakfast characters in the upstairs lobby (at the entrance of both restaurants) are also disappearing in November.
Disneyland Hotel is indeed keeping them, but only in the Castle Club.
Not during breakfast of the standard rooms.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''