Driving to DLRP

Started by andy151, February 02, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy151

Hi everyone, We are returning again to Disneyland and like the other year we have decided to drive there  Last time we drove down to Dover and stayed in a hotel then boarded the ferry the following morning and arriving in Disneyland at dinnertime. This time we want to try using the time better by arriving in Dover then boarding the ferry and driving for an hour or so then stopping at a hotel then setting off in the morning arriving at Disneyland earlier.
We are looking at staying in the Arras area or closely to the main auto route to Paris. The problem I'm coming across on my initial searching is room size. There is 2 Adults and 2 Children (7 &11) and a lot of the rooms are for 2 or 3 people. Has anyone any experiences of staying in Northern France and know of suitable hotel chains or hotels that might be suitable.
Many thanks Andy   

Samninetysix

There's a Kyriad facing the beach in Calais that has double bed and bunk beds for a family of 4, it's only 45-50 mins from Arras and probably only 3 hours from DLP

Samninetysix

I just checked on Booking.com and there's loads of options for you in Arras. There's a Campanile on the outskirts of Arras which looks like it's about 5 minutes from the A26, Campanile will normally have a restaurant attached and do a very nice breakfast although it is on the edge of an industrial estate

giselle

We have stayed in Arras a couple of times over the years. We have stayed at Les Trois Luppars with 2 adults and 2 children. We had a family room, in the attic,  which overlooked the square.