Frontierland geysers replacement?

Started by Ezra, March 02, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezra

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on March 30, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
(I'm gonna drag this joke out for just this message  :P ) you mean the one with the kim possible and tron crossover, where a hoard of the aliens from alien encounter chase Ludwig von drake while driving herbie?  ;D and scene. But seriously I would love for them to change the geysers into the coach house. maybe they could make some reference to Melanie's actual name.

Yeah that's it, though I do wonder what Von Drake really adds to the ride... even though he is one of my favourite characters. I think the new ending to the ride is pretty cool though; when it turns into a coaster hybrid and does 360 and horseshoe inversions twenty times. And its theme tune is sung by Captain Nemo, who of course has a full animatronic. This really is the craziest ride...

In seriousness now! If they did put the coach house where the geysers are, it wouldn't be part of the line as intended (but really, the Manor does not need an extension of its line anyhow). But it could be a mini attraction all in itself (not a ride, of course); perhaps they could incorporate something to explain the story of Phantom Manor/Thunder Mesa a bit more... because to the causal visitor... you can't really figure out the story. They maybe need to build up that area and add to Thunder Mesa.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Ezra on March 31, 2014, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on March 30, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
(I'm gonna drag this joke out for just this message  :P ) you mean the one with the kim possible and tron crossover, where a hoard of the aliens from alien encounter chase Ludwig von drake while driving herbie?  ;D and scene. But seriously I would love for them to change the geysers into the coach house. maybe they could make some reference to Melanie's actual name.

Yeah that's it, though I do wonder what Von Drake really adds to the ride... even though he is one of my favourite characters. I think the new ending to the ride is pretty cool though; when it turns into a coaster hybrid and does 360 and horseshoe inversions twenty times. And its theme tune is sung by Captain Nemo, who of course has a full animatronic. This really is the craziest ride...

In seriousness now! If they did put the coach house where the geysers are, it wouldn't be part of the line as intended (but really, the Manor does not need an extension of its line anyhow). But it could be a mini attraction all in itself (not a ride, of course); perhaps they could incorporate something to explain the story of Phantom Manor/Thunder Mesa a bit more... because to the causal visitor... you can't really figure out the story. They maybe need to build up that area and add to Thunder Mesa.

I think  we  should start a petition for it! and curses, I forgot to mention the part with anna and elsa flying the ship from escape to witch mountain :D
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Ezra

I think we've gone rather off-topic here! lol

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Ezra on April 01, 2014, 12:32:29 PM
I think we've gone rather off-topic here! lol

You don't say  ;D but all we can do is wait for such a confirmation and whatnot.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Here's an interesting article about the future of DLP:
http://www.independentguidebooks.com/blog/2014/4/20/disneyland-paris-rumour-incredibly-detailed-10-year-roadmap-from-2014
... personally i would rate this article as "rumors/plans likley to happen" but as everyone knows nothing is for sure especially in DLP.
Here's what they say about the geysers and BTM:
"Start of 2016 to Start of 2017: Big Thunder Mountain will go under a large refurbishment which will include the addition of an extra carriage per train to increase its capacity. There are also rumours of an interactive queue being installed like that in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. There also rumours that the lake will be drained which will allow the geyser effect to return from the park's opening day."
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

DisneyManiac

That's most likely NOT going to happen, Disneyland Paris officially stated that the geysers will be replaced by something that is unique to the park.

Ezra

'Unique to the park' hopefully meaning something to do with the connecting story.

DisneyManiac

They still have a chance to create the Carriage House or it can be the Manor's Boathouse, the boathouse could be split due to the earthquake and can be on the verge of falling apart, so the could creaking sound effects and oil lamps flicker and go out every now and then.

Ezra

I just hope its something that keeps the atmosphere and not anything like an... interactive queue...