Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge

Started by BoristheSpider, May 01, 2014, 03:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoristheSpider

Hi All,

Stayed in Sequoia back in Feb & really loved it, planning a trip for November and was planning on staying at SL again but the NPB prices are pretty reasonable around the dates we are thinking.  I'm assuming the good prices are due to the refurbishments.. Just wanted opinions on whether it is worth staying there during refurb or best to stick with SL?

Thanks all Xx

gemma2806

Personally I would wait until the refurb is finished unless you're not bothered by not being able to use the amenities such as the pool etc. if this isn't a concern and you are staying in November they should have at least some if not all of the rooms done so I'd just make sure to ask for a refurbished room when booking and re confirm this over the phone and at check in when you arrive. If the amenities are a vital part of your holiday then I'd just wait till the hotel is finished.

daddyof2

I've never stayed in either, but much prefer the look of SQL, and as NPB is so large I've read it can be a bit of a scrum at breakfast - though I would have thought neither hotel would be full.

Samninetysix

I prefer SL to NPB. We stayed at NPB for Christmas 2006 and it was magical, pretty much everything went right (apart from daughter getting food poisoning from Blue Lagoon) I guess I just prefer the mounties/wilderness/wild west kinda theming thats in SL and Frontierland oh and Billy Bobs and Buffalo Bills .....have to stop now :)

BoristheSpider

Thanks guys, we've gone with Seqouia. Booked today :-)

Samninetysix

Good choice, you know it makes sense Rodney, you know it makes sense

BoristheSpider