Pre-trip report

Started by frozenfi, May 24, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenfi

Hello! I'm new but I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I came for advice about Disneyland and decided to sign up. I'm going to Disneyland for the second time (the first was 2009 though so quite a while ago) and it's my first time planning the trip and really appreciating it myself so any tips are gratefully appreciated :)

- Who: Me and my best friend

- When: It was actually planned to celebrate my birthday so that should add to the fun and excitement!
- Where: Hotel Santa Fe, my cousin stopped there before and said it was good plus it is the cheapest so we decided to forgo a 'fancier' room to have more money left over for merch etc.

- What I'm excited for/hoping to see: I'm so excited for the Frozen float in the parade and I'm hoping to see some Frozen merch, as you can probably tell by the username I'm a huge Frozen fan so will buy as much as I can fit into my suitcase pretty much ;D
I also love Disney Princesses in general so hoping to meet as many of them as possible and get my picture taken outside the castle!
I'm excited to take some awesome photos (I'm a photography student so I'll probably annoy my friend walking around going "oh this will make a good photo!")

Givemesomefin

Welcome frozenfi.  Don't forget to share those photos with us when you return.
Walt Disney World May 1997
Disneyland Paris Feb 2003 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2009 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris Oct  2011 - Santa Fe

daddyof2

Yes, welcome. Are there any tips in particular you're after (money saving? hotels? restaurants?)? There's plenty on here and on www.dlrpmagic.com .

never2old

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck finding Frozen merchandise, it really flies off the shelves!!! One tip, look for new merchandise every day, you never know when they will receive new stock... When we were there last, on the first day there were just a few Sven plushes around, then the next day they received Elsa dolls (the singing one) and Olaf plushes!!

Have a great trip  :D

SGregory27

Have a great time.
But frozen stuff is very hit and miss in Disney. check every shop, I found stuff in the shops in park but not village. If you do find things you maybe only allowed to buy so many frozen items at a time. I heard that the American parks would only let you buy 5 frozen things at a time.

Looking forward to seeing photos when you get back.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

StarGazer

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay here and your trip!

Frozen merch does really fly from the shelves, Olaf plushes get sold on a flash, it seems! However, they've recently received Anna and Elsa plush dolls which look quite cute: I hope there are some left when you arrive!

If you want princesses, your choices are either the Princess' Pavillion (one random princess at a time) or booking at Auberge du Cendrillon (quite expensive) Rapunzel currently has her own photolocation, but it'll probably be closed after the Spring Festival ends.
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫