Disney charging massive premium for Eurostar

Started by Laurence, April 15, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurence

So I was just having a little look at prices for this November to try and cure my Disney itch.

Just put in Monday 17th to Friday 21st as a little test.

Hotel prices nice and cheap, Sequoia Lodge came up at £518 which isn't too bad for 5 days. However, I added Eurostar on and it bumped up the price by £448!

So I went to the Eurostar website and looked at exactly the same train and it gave me a total of £278.00.

How can Disney charge £170 more? I understand you get the Disney Express service and Disney aren't Eurostar and so are bound to add a little bit on top to make a profit, but this seems absolutely crazy to me and is surely going to discourage people from booking their transport through Disney and so they'll lose out in the long run?

So a word of warning really, always check the price difference booking direct with Eurostar, you could save a big amount of money.

Ravenseye

This has been the case every time I've researched a trip to DLP.  :o

It just does not make sense to book through Disney if you are getting the same 'package'. After all, who does not want a lil more spending money when they get there?  :D

My son and I paid a silly price for our last DLP trip, it was booked through the Eurostar site itself. I even got him to check and recheck the price as I could not believe it was THAT cheap (£289 for 2 adults staying at the Santa Fe, 4 nights + return direct Eurostar).
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

orangarnold

The tickets DLP offer are semi flexible meaning you can change trains, however the tickets that are cheaper on Eurostar are fixed tickets and you can't change your plans and if you miss your train you will have to buy a brand new ticket

daddyof2

I paid for Eurostar as part of our package for this June, but when I booked it I couldn't book Eurostar direct for those dates. It definitely is more economical to book direct with Eurostar, but you want to set a reminder for when Eurostar release their tickets so you can get the best price possible

Andybear

I booked my forhcoming September trip with Walt Disney Travel Company (not DLP). I checked the Eurostar prices and WDTC charge the same for Eurostar as Eurostar themselves and I'm getting the direct Eurostar. Hope all this makes sense!

grovesie

We book either direct with Eurostar or the whole package through wdwtc, cheaper every time