Disney Magic on Parade

Started by captain rocket, October 18, 2014, 08:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I noticed that a post on the official DLRP Youtube site showing the parade dated "October2014" has the fairy godmother's who preceed the first float walking and not on their Segways. Also on this video, the wizards/wizardesses that preceed the final float were missing altogether.
Does anyone know the reason for this? I would surmise that their could be a problem with the Segways and would be interested to find out.
I have checked back in my photos and find that the Pirates/Mary Poppins float has been missing for a long time now. It was not in the parade on Youtube and the last time I saw it was Novemeber last year it was not there in April or August when I visited so the same question as before, does anyone know what's hapening here?

msRavenswood

I believe the Pirates/Mary Poppins float is undergoing refurbishment, that's why it's missing from the parade. Not sure about why the Fairy Godmothers are walking. During our visit in September they were gliding and the witches and wizards before the final float were present.

MinnieMum

I watched this yesterday and today (just showing off cos I can) I noticed that the fairy godmothers are walking now too.

There were some magical type people before the last float who were on wheels, they had turban type hats on with stars and I can't remember seeing them last time (although that was two years ago). I liked their costumes.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: MinnieMum on October 18, 2014, 09:27:42 PM
I watched this yesterday and today (just showing off cos I can) I noticed that the fairy godmothers are walking now too.

There were some magical type people before the last float who were on wheels, they had turban type hats on with stars and I can't remember seeing them last time (although that was two years ago). I liked their costumes.

The new performers are there since this Summer, along with the new costumes that the classics on the final float are wearing!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

captain rocket

I was in resort this Thursday and everyone was back on their segways! Does anyone know who the group before the final float are? Everyone else in the parade is indentifiable as a Disney character so who are they?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: captain rocket on October 25, 2014, 09:54:38 PM
I was in resort this Thursday and everyone was back on their segways! Does anyone know who the group before the final float are? Everyone else in the parade is indentifiable as a Disney character so who are they?

They are just random performers, and not actual characters from a film.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

captain rocket

That would certainly be what I would have assumed, but it does seem a little starnge! I like these characters and the new outfits are sensational, a pity there will be no parade for my next visit in December.

Wedmad

I saw the parade last Sunday and Tuesday and the fairys were walking but the other performer at the end of the parade were on there segways.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Last Friday (the 24th) Flora, Fauna and Merryweather were all on their segways.
Just as the final float performers.