Standard Meal plan recommendations please

Started by nattylou, March 07, 2014, 11:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylou

[font=]Standard food plan, staying in the Santa Fe Hotel.  [/font]We will probably book a breakfast at Café Mickey and just pay the difference (I think we can use our vouchers there, please correct me if I'm wrong), but out of the other restaurants, which would you recommend:  We have
[/size]Plaza Gardens Restaurant[/color]
Silver Spur Steakhouse[/color]
Cowboy Cookout BBQ
Agrabah Café
Restaurant des Stars
Annette's Diner
La Grange at Billy Bobs
La Cantina (in our hotel)
[/size]

DLRP Roundup!

Yep you can pay any difference.

The only one I would avoid would be Restaurant des Stars, I've been twice and found it seriously lacking in choice, any sort of heat in the food, and quality. Others will completely disagree with me but I wasn't a fan.

La Grange is fantastic though for an evening meal. Probably my favourite on site.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

SVioletS

When are you going? Annete's will move up to Plus category as from April 3rd. It's really nice and if you decide to go you can use the vouchers for their face value and pay for the difference.
Check about Café Mickey breakfast, i am not sure if you can use the vouchers for this. Also even if you can, confirm if it is worth to do so.

As for the others we've eaten in Cowboy Cookout and La Grange at Billy Bobs and i like them both. Have read good reviews of Plaza Gardens but never been.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

nattylou

We are going in August. 

If we are on a standard plan, does that mean that we won't be able to eat in some of our chosen restaurants without having to pay the extra?

Mrsya

Can I just check Annette's Diner has definitely gone up to premium as its still ticked in the standard column on the disneyland website?

jackieann

Plaza gardens is lovely you could also eat at the cheynne hotel to., , again really nivebfood.

grovesie

Quote from: Mrsya on April 10, 2014, 11:28:54 PM
Can I just check Annette's Diner has definitely gone up to premium as its still ticked in the standard column on the disneyland website?

Hello, We returned on Thursday and used our Standard vouchers in Annette's.

Hope this helps

orangarnold

Mrsya

Quote from: grovesie on April 12, 2014, 07:00:37 PM
Quote from: Mrsya on April 10, 2014, 11:28:54 PM

Hello, We returned on Thursday and used our Standard vouchers in Annette's.

Hope this helps

Thanks hun. Any more info on what the pause gormaund consists of??

orangarnold

On that link I posted it says a hot or cold drink with a sweet treat

Mrsya

Thanks. I  read your link.  Very helpful, was just wondering if anyone had been this month and could fill me in on types of treats, where available, from what time etc?

sgm31

The pause gormaund vouchers can be used at any of the listed quick snack restaurants listed on the main map.

In some places it is not obvious what the cake/treat is. for example in Market Street Deli in Main Street It was Muffin or brioche with a hot drink or large filled fizzy drink or juice.
BUT
In Blockbusters in Studios, 1 day it was only Chocolate cake or brioche, then the next day we asked and they said brioche, chocolate cake, Cheese Cake or Muffin and on the final day it was back to  Chocolate cake or brioche again!
The problem is there are no signs saying what you can have and so it become a lottery taking items to the till then returning them when you cant have them! The good thing about blockbusters is the drinks are not from cups but any plastic bottle which is much more practical to have a bit and move on!

Mrsya