Early May trip

Started by shelbelle30, April 01, 2014, 08:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbelle30

Hi everyone,

I am a long time lover of all things Disney but I am going to be visiting Disneyland Paris for the first time at the beginning of May. I have a few questions which I hope you can help with -

1 - Is it necessary to book tables/times for eating anywhere or will it be easy enough to eat in our restaurant of choice for that evening?

2 - Where can I find a full timetable of parades/shows etc?

3 - My partner is disabled, he can walk for short distances but will struggle with back pain frequently, is there plenty of rest areas where we can sit and also if anyone with disabilities has visited before how has it been? Any tips?

4 - We are going for 3 nights and will have tickets to the parks for the Saturday and Sunday, we aren't big fans of rides more about the other things to do, will there be plenty to keep us occupied?

5 - We arrive on the Friday night, as I said our park tickets are only for the Sat/Sun, we will still have access to the Disney village to find somewhere to eat or do you need to have valid park tickets to enter?

And lastly does anyone have any tips for planning or any links etc I can make use of?

Sorry for so many questions but a last minute  booking and an OCD me equals a little panic :)

TIA
Michelle x

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: shelbelle30 on April 01, 2014, 08:35:29 PM
1 - Is it necessary to book tables/times for eating anywhere or will it be easy enough to eat in our restaurant of choice for that evening?
Only restaurants in the parks can be booked in advance, restaurants like Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe etc in the village don't take bookings. It depends on how busy the park is. I was in DLP at Christmas and because it was a peak time, it was necessary to book restaurants like The Blue Lagoon. Unless it is something major like school holidays in The UK or France or a special holiday like St Patricks Day, you should be ok booking a restaurant on the day. You can book restaurants either at Town Hall in the Park or at the concierge in your hotel

2 - Where can I find a full timetable of parades/shows etc?
you can find the information here http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/before-your-visit/parks-hours.html the shows and parade schedule information is updated weekly. For the correct information for the days of your trip, check it the day before you travel. You will also be given this information when you check in to your hotel

3 - My partner is disabled, he can walk for short distances but will struggle with back pain frequently, is there plenty of rest areas where we can sit and also if anyone with disabilities has visited before how has it been? Any tips?
yes there are plenty of benches, low walls, seating areas etc all over the park. In the arcades there are benches if you want to "park" him while you shop, lol you should also inquire at Town Hall about getting a disability pass which is basically a queue jumper pass, so that you don't have to be in the long queues if he can't stand.

4 - We are going for 3 nights and will have tickets to the parks for the Saturday and Sunday, we aren't big fans of rides more about the other things to do, will there be plenty to keep us occupied?
Yes, Disney has something for everyone, not just big thrill rides. The atmosphere is amazing and you will have no problem finding somewhere to sit and just people watch for an afternoon, if thats all you want to do. I would advise asking at Town Hall about the guided tours, I wanted to do this on my last visit but there wasn't an English speaking one on during our stay. Make sure to do things like the riverboats, The Molly Brown is a recreation of one of the Mississippi old time boats, the Disneyland Railroad Train , Main Street Vehicles, we took a ride in an old-fashioned car ,like a Ford Model T but there is also a horse-drawn tram

5 - We arrive on the Friday night, as I said our park tickets are only for the Sat/Sun, we will still have access to the Disney village to find somewhere to eat or do you need to have valid park tickets to enter?
no you do not need park tickets to enter Disney Village. It is in Disneyland property but it is open to the general public. Don't be put off by the security entrance, this is just a bag check area, similar to whats at airports. In Disney village there are international restaurant chains like Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Starbucks as well as a sports bar, and 2 themed restaurants, Annetes Diner and Cafe Mickey. There is also a Disney Wild West themed show and dinner venue, a cinema , a lego store and Disney Merchandise shops.

And lastly does anyone have any tips for planning or any links etc I can make use of?
I use http://www.dlrpmagic.com/  and http://www.disneymagic.ws./ as well as the official site www.disneylandparis.co.uk
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

LotsoHugginBear

Restaurant reservations can be made for any hotel restaurant as well and for Cafe Mickey at Disney Village of course - so if you don't have tickets fpr the park maybe you like to eat at one of this places.

never2old

There are school holidays in France until 11th of May, so you may find the parks are busy. I would recommend you book your restaurants for dinner, but as bad-pink-tink says you should be OK if you simply book in the morning for the same evening. Annette's in the Disney Village you can't book, but I've booked other restaurants in the Village before; our favourite is The Steakhouse, and my husband loves King Ludwig's (they have a good beer selection....) And you'll also have the restaurants in your hotel.

I haven't got much experience with disabilities, but I've always heard DLP are really good about it. They've recently had a campaign in their youtube channel about it; they also have a page in their website dedicated to guests with disabilities. You should definitely inquire in City Hall about getting a priority card (you can see more details in their website, but they require a medical certificate). I had a pregnancy pass when I was pregnant and it was really useful, not only I didn't need to queue but in most rides I could sit waiting for my turn to get into the ride!

This weekend is the start of the new Spring festival (until the end of June); there will be new shows to enjoy!

Have a wonderful trip  :D

daddyof2

The only things I can add to the excellent comments already is that the studios has less rides and more displays/shows so may be good - plus is smaller so perhaps better to get around. And Main St USA in the main park has all the theming/atmosphere and stuff without the traditional "rides". If it's just you two (you don't say if you have children), take advantage of the restaurants like Walt's, Blue Lagoon and the bars in the hotels for atmosphere and service.