Breakfast at Davy Crockett

Started by Shmoopsiepoo, March 13, 2014, 03:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shmoopsiepoo

Hey,

Is it still possible to book some breakfast at arrival in summer season?
I can not find anything about it...

beenmoff1

Hi Shmoopsiepoo,
We stayed at the ranch last winter; and we booked the breakfast on arrival. So I assume it is the same in Summer.
You book the breakfast at the carpark entrance in advance, and then it is the same routine as always; go to the little hut at the end of your trail and pick it up there in the morning. I think the carpark reception give you tokens to exchange when  you get to the hut.
It is a really good sized breakfast. Davy Crockett has always been my favourite place to stay with Disney, as you get space and freedom and a good breakfast.
Have a good trip!!

LotsoHugginBear

I really like the Davy Crockett Ranch but the breakfast is awfull - totally overpriced!
I always buy my stuff at the auchan or at the little shop at the ranch, that's cheaper and much more delicous. So why not buying all the things you need at the little shop at the day you arrive and than take a little walk in the morning to buy fresh croissants, rolls or baguette?!

polar vixen

we find this a better option too, or since you're already driving, take  a small pack with you stocked with tea, coffee, jam, nutella, cartons of juice etc, then just buy yourself some butter, and fresh croissants / baguette each morning.  ( we always go nuts and buy more anyway, and it depends on your taste, but last time they'd changed the baguette to a more traditional French one, which was a lot drier, and the mini sweet loaves were gone, replaced with tubs of apple puree, apparently normal in france, but considered baby food in England.

Samninetysix

Breakfast at Davy Crockett has never been brilliant, there's no hams or cheeses and the unlimited orange juice and coffee that are even the basics at Santa Fe. We take a cold box with us and fill it with some basics from the UK - bacon etc.. this also helps to keep costs down and our Disneymobile is big enough to carry a family + luggage + coldbox etc.

When we stay at DCR we tend to use the Carrefour supermarket in Bailly-Romainvilliers rather than the Auchan at VdE, it's smaller than Auchan (well every other supermarket around is, I think I read somewhere it's the largest supermarket in Western Europe). The Carrefour which was a Champion is en route to and from the park from DCR and it's much cheaper than the onsite supermarket at DCR.

Shmoopsiepoo

Thanks for the ideas! We also use to take along  things from home , but it's not always easy to get them fresh and in a good shape to Paris  :)

orangarnold

Quote from: Shmoopsiepoo on March 28, 2014, 01:11:56 PM
Thanks for the ideas! We also use to take along  things from home , but it's not always easy to get them fresh and in a good shape to Paris  :)

For things like bacon and sausage freeze them and by the time you get them to disney they will have thawed out to just being chilled

Gemma W

Great tips! We will def be doing this is December and have also made note of the other supermarket you mentioned! Thanks :) x

mickey_nl

You could also book one of the full or half-board meal plans, than breakfast is included for the ranch.