Using premium vouchers at face value

Started by c3po, March 24, 2014, 09:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3po

We've booked the 30% off & HB package at Disneyland Hotel in October for 2 adults and 3 children for 5 nights. I understand that vouchers can be used at face value on the a la carte menu at the cheaper restaurants. So my question is, considering there's no way we will actually eat to the full value of each voucher per day if we can e.g. use 2 or 3 vouchers to pay for meals at the cheaper restaurants.

Here's what I mean. If I go to Café Mickey and use each voucher for a set menu, that would mean handing in 5 food vouchers worth EUR 192 to pay for menus worth EUR137.37, and the kids not eating most of their food. I took a look at the a la carte menu, and if I drop starters for everyone, I'd order food worth e.g. EUR 115.90. Can I then use 2 adult vouchers and 1 child voucher to pay for this? I'm still overpaying (EUR 136), but I'd be saving two vouchers.

Naturally I will try to pick restaurants where I get my money's worth with the vouchers, but I think the kids aren't going to want to only eat at the premium restaurants.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

michellemumof2xx

Hi
    We had this problem last month on our first visit, we had premium but as my husband and kids are fussy it was a waste.... We ended up eating at buffalo bills, inventions, cafe mickey and manhattan. Buffalo bills and invention was fine, we liked the food, and used the vouchers in full but with the others we didnt.  We had to give all our vouchers in before we ordered everywhere,, and even though we didnt use the full value, we didnt get anything back, so we were at a loss. That was fine though, we enjoyed what we had, and we were happy with the whole experience, bt when we go again next yrar, im not booking any food. Id rather fill up at breakfast n have annettes, casey hotdogs, sandwiches or mcdonalds.

Before we went, we heard "its all burgers, hotdogs n chips" which did worry us a bit, so booked vouchers for restaurants so we had a good meal, but after going, we didnt actually see much of this, and wish we had. Dont get my wrong the food was lovely, but it wasnt us! Now weve done it, im happy just happy to have annettes etc amd pay for what we want when were there and not waste money on vouchers.

Hope this helps, Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

haribosmum

I don't know what the face value of premium is (plus was 33 euros and 15 euros in feb). but as far as I know these are taken to be cash value, so your premium are worth more and you could use as few as you need to cover bill (or just under and pay the difference).  you can use them at counter service for lunch etc too so if you only end up using 3 vouchers for dinner you'll have 2 left over to use at lunch.  hope that makes sense!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

c3po

Thanks for the answers so far. We'll probably go to several of the premium restaurants - or Inventions several times. I'm not sure whether to do BBWWS this time - might be too much for the 3-year-old. I'm really hoping haribosmum is right about my only having to use the vouchers needed at some of the cheaper restaurants.

michellemumof2xx: I would rather have booked without vouchers, but they're sort of foisted on you with the current 'offer'. I considered waiting and booking later, but who knows what the next offer would have been like? We went voucherless on our last trip, and it was a good decision. And one good thing is that my daughter will get to do Auberge this time. I wasn't really willing to shell out for it last time.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

Rapunzel1

I recognize the problem. Our reason not to book vouchers is because we will not use them all. We ate at inventions. That was nice. But my four your old liked of all restaurants Colonel Hathi best. Hakuna Matata is also a favourite. We enjoyed the Rainforest cafe but that restaurant is not included in the meal plan. And one day we had a really lat lunch at the colonel hathi and settled for a a snack for dinner.

dhidra

Yes,we did that on our last trip. We had premium vouchersbut ate at cafe Mickey. We were 2adults and 1 child, and we just gave 2 adult vouchers topay.
We then tried to use the leftover child voucher at Buzz'sand were refused! We went to Plaza Gardens instead and they took it there no problem.
1st visit - May 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe - age 9!
2nd visit - March 2005 - day trip
3rd visit - July 2006 - Hotel Santa Fe
4th visit - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel
***5th visit May 2014 - Hotel New York***