Children's Dressing up: Does it have to be Disney

Started by scat21, March 16, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scat21

Hi,

I was planning on taking dressing up clothes with us for our trip in a couple of weeks. My daughter's nicest dress isn't Disney branded (though it looks quite like Snow White) and I'd been planning to take that for character dining at the Auberge.

Then I noticed this on the Disney website for the Village:
"Only Disney branded costumes and make-up applied by Disney artists are allowed in Disney VillageĀ®."
[/size]
[/size]I can't find anything similar for Disneyland itself but does that mean that I can't dress her in her nice dress and put a bit of glitter on her face myself? I would hate for her to be stopped from going in just at the high point of the trip.
[/size]Thanks!

ford prefect

I have never heard of that restriction before.  I can't believe that it would be enforceable.  Children are unlikely to be challenged.  We took my niece and she wore a Cinderell-ish dress made by my sister.  No problems at all.

Adults dressing up will be challenged.

Children? No.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

scat21

Thanks - I hope that's the case, it would seem a bit mean to make a small child go and change but...
it came from this page [size=78%]http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/parks-and-activities/disney-village/index.html[/size] under 'practical information'

caspdex

In years of reading forums, I have never heard of any child being challenged. They couldn't afford the publicity if they did.

SGregory27

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a Jasmine outfit for our 5y DD, But its been hard to get Disney outfits for 2yr DD. So I got her a Ladybird Dress, which is Red with Black spots, Yes Minnie's dress is red and white spots but she thinks she's Minnie Mouse and with the ears from the last visit, she is Minnie.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL