Standard Plus......... best restaurants?

Started by daverhemming, March 02, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daverhemming

Who recommends where?  We are staying at SL and have Half Board Standard Plus

MuppetNation

Walt's in Disneyland Park and the Manhattan in Hotel New York have always been good as far as I'm concerned.

never2old

Avoid the buffet restaurants with your vouchers (Agrabah, Plaza Gardens, Restaurant des Stars) because you'll be losing out (the vouchers are more expensive than the menu there)

Walt's in Main Street as MuppetNation says is very good, we love eating there and find it very relaxing. We also love the Blue Lagoon, great atmosphere and very tasty food! You also have the Silver Spur Steakhouse, we've only eaten there once and had a bad experience, but I think it was a one off because I keep hearing really good things about it, and it's on our list to try again sometime soon.

In the Village, you have of course Cafe Mickey, if you're going with children (or simply want to meet lots of characters) it's a great place to go. Then there's also the Steakhouse, it used to be one of our favourite places in the resort, but last time we were there they had reduced the menu; it was still very good, though I was sad to see some of my favourite dishes gone from the menu...

In the hotels, you can go to both restaurants in the New York (Parkside Diner is a buffet, it's OK but not spectacular, Manhattan is the table service one, we've never managed to eat there but it looks really good). In the Newport Bay Club you also have both restaurants, I would chose the Yacht Club (table service) over the Cape Cod buffet anytime. You also have the two restaurants in your hotel, the Sequoia, personally I really enjoyed both.

daverhemming

never2old

No problem  :)

Forgot to say the most important thing, you should really book in advance!!! Usually if you book in the morning for the rest of the day it's enough, though for busier places like Cafe Mickey a few days in advance is usually better. Restaurants also close sometimes, what I normally do is plan a restaurant for each day, and first day when I arrive I check if they're all open - Walt's for example seems to close at least once a week (maybe not so during busier periods)

SVioletS

Please note that Newport Bay is being refurbished and the restaurants may be closed more often than not. Also in the Sequoia Logde, the table service restaurant is closed on many occasions and people are redirected to the buffet restaurant - which is ok btw.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!