Driving back from DLP to Calais

Started by Sticky_4eva, February 09, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky_4eva

Hi all first post here. We are driving to DlP for our second trip this October mon-Friday . My question is does anyone know what rush hour traffic is like in France ? We are hoping to catch the euro tunnel at about 8pm so we are unsure as to what time to leave Disney . Driving there isn't a problem as we will just get there when we get there but my oh is stressing about our return journey . Cheers

Sly_Racoon

It can be very bad. Last time we drove we left about 4pm and arrived at 10.30pm missing our 8.30pm train, got put on the next one though.

If I were you I would leave about 3pm to avoid the parisian traffic.

andlorna

Hi,  we drive to disneyland paris all the time, and we always leave at least 4 hours before just incase there are problems and so far on over the years we have never missed our Eurotunnel train yet. :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

ford prefect

The journey takes 3 and a half hours approx.  add an hour for safety.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

captain rocket

It's a while since i drove back, but I used to drive via Meaux. You eventually join the autorute at the pay booths just the other side of CDG airport and you miss all the Parisian traffic and drive through some nice countryside.

Sticky_4eva

Cheers for the info everyone . I think we shall leave at 3ish and just see what happens !! No stress (hopefully)

bobothebear

Some of it depends on how fast you drive  :D

We left on a Saturday in early December at 3pm. Made it to Calais for 5:50pm. I basically stuck to 120-130km/h throughout.

Got straight onto our 6:20pm Train but I was getting worried because Passport Checking took ages as only 1 lane open with a lot of cars queuing.
This was basically the perfect journey, can't do a 200 mile journey in the UK and make it dead on time like that.

Samninetysix

My missus hates the A104 bit as it's always hectic but usually fairly free flowing as everyone is driving like a lunatic. Personally, if I were worried about driving back just follow the signs to Lille/Calais A4/A104/A1/A26. We just had our 51st trip to DLRP and apart from the last trip where we used Eurostar for the 1st time we have driven every time.

sarahmumof4

We got back from Disney today ( well very early this morning).
We left the Santa Fe at 6.30 and were booked on the 11.30 ferry .
We arrived in Calais at 10.30 ( although our ferry was also delayed !!) .
We had a couple of toilet stops and to also allowed time in case of traffic / accidents etc .

It did take a bit of time at the toll booth paying as there were only a couple of lanes open .
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄