Auberge de cendrillon

Started by swisstony101, March 04, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstony101

Hi all,
We will be visiting in July with our 2 girls aged 6 and 4.  My husband is an exceptionally fussy eater and I want to take the girls to lunch with the princesses.  I assume there no flexibility within the menu as my husband will eat nothing on this menu.  My question is, is it possible for my husband to accompany us and not eat (pay) just look after the girls and take pictures etc.
Thank you.

moonloo

I wonder a similar thing... my some would not eat a single thing but we dont want to split up the family, so I wonder whether they would allow one child not to eat/pay...

never2old

I know they don't allow that in the buffet restaurants, but they may be more flexible in the table service restaurants, since after all you're only getting the food you pay for.

swisstony101

We are going to give it a go and my husband said if it does not work out order the food and split it between me and the girls and he will go McDonalds afterwards.

Gemma W

We went for lunch here a few weeks ago and I am also quite fussy but wanted to go for the experience for my daughter. I wasn't sure I was going to eat anything to be honest but I did order the chicken in truffle sauce and it was really really delicious. I wasn't sure what truffle sauce was really but it didn't have a strong taste and was more like a white sauce. Just wanted to recommend it really as if your hubby likes chicken he might like this. x

swisstony101

They must get it quite a bit and like us we cannot pass this up so people pay.  I have a husband with extreme fussiness no sauce except Ketchup and only chips and roast pots Veg only petite pois carrots and swede.  Hopefully they will be able to give him the chicken without sauce. Me I will eat anything.  Good job I love him.

CinderellaSparkle

Just a heads up, i went in October last year with my then 4 year old who is Princess MAD. The restaurant is gorgeous, like seriously the most dazzling and stunning place i've ever been in, it's themed perfectly. The character interaction is what we went for as i checked the menu well before hand and there's hardly anything on there that we liked (i'm vegetarian also so i had VERY few options).. We met Cinderella, Perla and Suzie, Snow White, Belle and Prince Adam. All were fantastic, Cinders and the mice came around twice and i got gorgeous pictures.

But the food is not good. Not what i had anyway and my daughter literally ate NOTHING other than a breadstick, bread roll and her pudding. I was starving afterwards and we went and got fries and coke in Adventureland, that's just more us haha

It's worth the extreme amount of money just for the atmosphere and interaction, you won't regret it. But it is posh and i highly doubt you'd be able to get a child in without paying. If you can afford it, go for it i say, have fun but as far as the food goes, keep the expectations low, just incase.

moonloo

Booked in for April 1st at 13.00! Just Mummy and her Princess. Perfect.

swisstony101

Thank you guys for all your posts. Change of plan my husband got all sensible and feels not worth shelling out to eat nothing or little.  So sadly we wont be going, I am getting him to que up daily for the tickets for the princess pavilion so the little ones get to still meet the princesses.  Hope you guys enjoy x.