Restaurant closures (October)?

Started by xdisney, August 24, 2014, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdisney

I was wondering if there's any way to see what restaurants will be closed this October? Thanks :)

PrincessA

Not that I know of, but I've only heard of Pizza Planet closing in the future.
Restaurants have changed though. In October my family and I were disappointed to learn that Walt's no longer serves lunch and the Lucky Nugget was no longer a buffet. Very disappointing.

danogian

There's a page on the Disney Gazette website at http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-disneyland-paris.html that seems to have good info on what restaurants will be open when. It currently only shows up to September 29th, so I guess they get their info a month or so in advance. I'd imagine they'll get the October dates up in early September. The information given there was deadly accurate for our trip in April this year.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

DisneyRon

Hmm, unfortunate that Walt's is no longer available for lunch, did that once during my last trip and you have a great view of the parade as it passes the restaurant. Guess I'll eat lunch somewhere else when I go in 3 weeks. :)

EDIT : ok that's odd, on that link it shows the opening hours of Walt's as being primarily around lunch time (12:00 - 16:00) rather than at dinner time. :) Guess we will be reserving for Lunch there then. :D

xdisney

Thanks for that link danogian! I'll keep checking it every now and then :)

PrincessA

Sorry about that, I actually meant to type dinner! Not concentrating!

DisneyRon

Just called the reservation line to book a bunch of restaurant visits for when I go in September, and at least on the 17th, it appears that the Manhattan Restaurant is closed.

So I'll need to think about what to replace it with, but I thought I'd mention it as Disney Gazette does not list the hotel restaurant closures as far as I can see. :D

Mrsya

Is it because I'm on my phone or is that website in French with a password page for everyone?

DisneyRon

well, it is in French, but no password page for me.

danogian

I had that problem when I tried to access it from my phone when in DLP in April. Basically if you access the site from a device that identifies itself as mobile, it makes you login. So I created an account and logged in, but still couldn't find that page. In the end I downloaded a new web browser (Mercury) which has an option that enables you to tell it to identify itself as a non-mobile device. I was then able to access that page as if I was on a desktop PC.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

jimtrim

I think in low/mid (possibly high too?) season Walt's definitely closes on a Monday and Tuesday all day (and usually a handful of counter-service ones are closed around the park, so you're option for choice is a bit limited) - usual rule, probably obvious, the more low-season the less choice. But if you're staying for 3/or more days, chances are if you go to a restaurant and see its closed, (i.e particularly counters like Hakuna Matata) go back on another day and see, as I think they try to alternate by every couple of days or so. Some that usually always open are Plaza Gardens restaurant, Silver Spur and Auberge (during day)... Blue Lagoon/Cowboy Cookout less so..... all depends on season:-)

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/