Travel and food

Started by DisneyQueen, January 15, 2014, 11:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyQueen

Hello, We have a trip booked for the beginning of April. We are booking the Eurostar to go to Paris. My questions are;
1) what's the quickest/cheapest/easiest way to get from Paris to DLP?
2) is it possible to add travel onto our holiday booking direct with Disney?
3) any recommendations on places to eat with a nearly 3yr old? Buzz lightyears pizza planet is on our list :D

Thanks in advance

never2old

I can't help you with the travel questions, we live in Luxembourg so we always drive down to DLP (although I think you can book your eurostar from london to dlp directly through Disney, though it's probably not the cheapest way of doing it...)

For the restaurants, all buffets should work out great for you: children under 3 eat for free  :D  When we've been with our daughter (she'll be 3 in April) we usually do 1 buffet a day (usually for lunch).

Our favourite is Agrabah Cafe, because the food is delicious, and I love the theming of the restaurant. Second is Plaza Gardens, also great food selection (and excellent desserts!!). The restaurant itself is quite beautiful, but it can feel a bit crowded if it's busy. Last time we also ate in the Restaurant des Stars, the buffet in the Walt Disney Studios. The food is similar to Plaza Gardens, plus you have Remy going around the tables, our daughter loved it (and she hasn't see Ratatouille yet).

You can also go for a character meal. There's Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel (in the evenings only, it's a buffet so your  child won't pay, but the price per adult is over 50 euro - still, great food in a beautiful place). And there's Cafe Mickey, a table service restaurant (for both lunch and dinner).

Hope this helps!

PkerUNO

As never2old mentioned, you can get a Eurostar direct from London to Disneyland. You can also get a Eurostar train from London to Lille, then a TGV from Lille to Disneyland. Otherwise you can use public transport from Paris.

The quickest and cheapest way to Disneyland Paris from central Paris is the RER train. Tickets cost €7,30 for adults and €3,65 for children. I don't think Disney can buy these tickets for you, but it's pretty simple to use the ticket machines in any Métro or RER station. You just need to look for "Ile-de-France destinations" then select "Marne-la-Vallée - Chessy" as your destination. Ticket counters will also be able to help.

The train you want is RER Line A4 to Marne-la-Vallée, as you can see on the right hand side of this map: [size=78%]http://www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_plan.php?loc=reseaux&nompdf=rer&fm=gif[/size]

Hope you have a great time!

DisneyQueen

Thank you both. Have decided buffets are the way to go for us.
I've booked to travel to Paris and then we will get the RER train to Disney.

PkerUNO - thank you for that map link, very helpful.

Can't wait to go.....I'm more excited than my son!

PkerUNO