Compared to America?

Started by koi, March 10, 2007, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

Well from my pointo of view, DLP has best rides than WDW. I've only been once to the Magic Kingdom but from what I saw there I can say that Phantom Manor is great when you compare it to the haunted mansion. Same thing with Pirates, although this new aditions made the ride much better.
One thing for me that is much better in Paris is "It's a Small World". The building in Disneyland Paris is great. The one in Orlando doesn't have that in the exterior so it looks just a normal fantasyland building.

BTM also is better being on a island. The ride is Orlando is softer.
Space moutain is better in paris also. The orlando ride has no music at all and is very "slow".

The one thing better in Orlando are the fireworks of course. Wishes is wounderfull there.

But overall I belive that DLP is better than the MK
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "coruscantpt"The one thing better in Orlando are the fireworks of course. Wishes is wounderfull there.

But overall I belive that DLP is better than the MK

Absolutely spot on!!!  The MK is sadly the worst MK park on it's own.  But if we could have their fireworks and streetmousephere at DLP, I would be very happy.
since 2001 (many before that)

kate

well, i personally prefer the florida resort.  that is looking at it as a whole resort.  we go to florida for 3 weeks and paris for 3 days.  we have fantastic weather, shopping, other theme parks and water parks to visit too.

but in fairness i think both parks have their merits.  

it's a small world in florida - the outside is nowhere near as impressive as DLRP.  they have many of the same 'dolls' but in a different order.  some areas were wow much better than paris and some areas were ugh, not as good as paris.  but as we visit paris about 3 times a year going to WDW was great just because it was different.

pirates of the caribbean, i think is better at DLRP.  but with the added jack sparrow etc AA's it is great at WDW, especially the davy jones steam screen/projection thing! it isn't as long as DLRP though and only one small drop. imagine DLRP with those additions - fantastic.

haunted mansion, we prefered DLRP version of that too, a couple of the beginning parts of HM were slightly better than PM.  but on the whole prefer PM especially the part where you go 'underground' and through the cemetary etc.

buzz lightyear - i love the paris version, and i'm good at it!!!  the one in florida looks fantastic, the scenery is fantastic, it's huge inside and there are LOADs of things to shoot.  the problem is that the guns don't detach and so are really difficult to aim at.  so on the whole i found it quite frustrating really.

i think really we like the stuff in WDW that we can't do at DLRP e.g. jungle cruise, splash mountain (fantastic!!), mickey's philharmagic, TTA, the enchanted tiki room undernew management.  there's lots.  

at the end of the day, they are different parks with a common theme, and it would be boring if they were all exactly the same.

i do think disney village needs a bit of help though, downtown disney is great, much more lively and more to see.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "kate"well, i personally prefer the florida resort.  that is looking at it as a whole resort.  we go to florida for 3 weeks and paris for 3 days.  we have fantastic weather, shopping, other theme parks and water parks to visit too.

Looking at the whoile resort over all I prefer Dl in California and WDW by far.  DL has a better feeling, more live entertainment, attractions etc inc. DCA, the best Downtown Disney and the best Disney hotel anywhere (Grand Californian) and the best Disney restaurant anywhere (Napa Rose).  It's the original and it wonderful.

WDW has the fantastic Epcot and Animal Kingdom, as well as a huge number of highly themed resorts and restaurants.  My 2nd fav.

DLP - well, great start in 1992, but for me it has been going steadily downhill since 1996.  Thankfully the last couple of years, it has been getting better, but even with the 15th additions, there is still a long way to go.
since 2001 (many before that)

MinnieMouse

I like DLP more than WDW. Sure, if you see the whole Resort than WDW is bigger and nicer, but when you see the both Magic Kingdoms than is DLP much nicer than WDW.

The Attractions in Paris are so beautiful, It´s a small world and the Fantasyland Area are so beautiful. The Main Street looks much nicer, the Castle ist the most beautiful from all Disney Parcs. Frontierland and Adventureland are better, and Discoveryland, too.

At WDW I like the Water Parcs and Epcot, the Showcase Lagoon is nice. And there you can stay longer than in Paris.

Alexandra

Maarten

Magic Kingdom is not as good as our Disneyland Park, I have to admit. But in my opinion the attitude of the castmembers, the streetmosphere and upkeep of the place was better then in Paris, although it had a lot to be desired too.

Overall, Walt Disney World was a bit better then Disneyland Resort Paris, although I think that the scale of the place is also its weakness. Its simply impossible to control all of the quality aspects at such a huge place.

One thing that the Americans do better then us is the offering of food in the parks. Overthere there is so much choice, also healthy stuff, and it all tastes great. You would expect that the choice of food in an European Disney park would be better, but we can mainly chose between hotdogs, fries and hamburgers.

Besides that, they also have Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. And although 3 of the 4 park feel outdated already, they offer the best attractions in the entire world, together with Tokyo Disney.

On the other hand, Disneyland Resort Paris stole my heart, just like the other Disney resorts did with their home fanbase. Our Resort has such an unique European touch (Fantasia Gardens, Victorian elements in Discoveryland etc), and unique attraction. And never forget that we have Fantillusion aswell!  :wink:

DLRP can get better by training the castmembers, offering better food and mentain the Resort proparly. I aslo would love to see them updating exsisting attraction like Pirates, Phantom Manor and eventually Star Tours.

Frollo20

most of the attractions between DLRP and WDW are better in DLRP. But we also can't forget that WDW gets most of the attrations first when they're brand new so we get like the crappy prototype attractions.
Look at TOT in TDL, theirs have amazing decoration and WDW's looks more of a standard hotel. RNRC- its also way better in DLRP becase of the better lighting in the attraction and the 5 MIN wait i did!!!! Crowd wise DLRP is my favorite, when i was there i just walked right into the attraction something that is almost impossibe to do at WDW unless you are the 1st person and the gate and run when they open the park. I also found  DLRP to be the cleanest even my friend (another CM) was amazed of how clean the street was that she took a photo of it!!!

The only thing of DLRP that im concerned about its the some of the CM's attitudes, some of the aspects of entertainment, lets not forget
some of te Dlrp guests!!!

Overall I think DLRP has the best park, but guest services I think WDW is better.

Joseph Carter

Hello this my first post so be kind please! :lol:
I have been to DLP only but my mum standing behind me as I type says that Walt Disney World is Fantastic but lacks any of the Magic and Beauty that Disneyland Resort Paris has in bucketfuls. She has been to both parks.  :D She said that not me :shock:

Thanks anywho!

:P
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

DisneyNut2007

I don't like it when people get so biased like that.

All of the parks have their merits and their flaws, so be nice to each and every one of them, please, especially to WDW--my home park.

lindylou2_2002

I have been to Dlp at least 14 times and wdw in florida 3 times.

I love dlp as it is great for a quick fix, the best time to go is christmas as you can really get in to the Christmas spirit with it being so cold an all.

THe Cast members let it down big time though, they are not as friendly as wdw ones. There is no proper system for the characters appart from the princesses and minnie and mickey that have there own queues. So continental people just bundle up to them knocking others who are waiting over.

THe best one though was in the Queue for Phantom manor last year when a couple ofTeenage kids tried, and failed to barge my DH out of the way. When he called them on it their reply was "But we are French" like that should give them a right to queue jump they were amazed when DH wouldnt let them through.
The other thing with Dlp is that you can get 2 weeks in the US for the price it cost sometimes for a short visit to DLP. THe food is expensive and very samey and petrol isnt as cheap as it used to be.

That said POTC ride is very good and with the new update I like it better than the one in wdw. My favorite wdw ride is splash mountain and that wouldn't do well in France as they dont really have the weather for it, which is a shame. I do like the shopping arcades in main street better than wdw.

But nothing beats getting the Paddle boat at wdw across from the carpark to the entrance to the Magic Kingdom,Fantastic photo opotunities, the ride around the Island where BTM is isnt really the same at all.
We love Downtown Disney at wdw it is a fantastic place to hang out and chill of an evening, with pleasure island right next door. you can get a motor launch back to your hotel when you have had a enough.

There is also a section called the boardwalk where some of the DVC hotels are and that has nice resturants and is great for seeing firworks.
You can also get a Boat right in to epcot stopping on the way to pick up panssengers from verious hotels.

the water parks are also a nice break from it all, which is something that that part of France could never do, unless it was undercover like centreparcs or something.
The Toontown section in Magic kingdom is massive and has minnies and mickeys house which you can go in. with loads of stuff for Preschools, it will be interesting to see if France can recreate. There is many more themed playareas for preaschools like the honey I shrunk the kids one and the one in toontown(name escapes me at themoment) Obviously I am interested in stuff for preschoolers at themoment.  :D
LINDY

Joseph Carter

sorry  :o

tubbsy

Dont be sorry Joseph, you were only voicing an opinion and everyone has their own idea what they like about the different resorts. I hope you wont be put off from posting anymore messages. :D

I love DLRP and its charm. I have a savings account to save for my Disney holidays. I keep saying-the next holiday will be WDW. BUT I HAVE NO WILL POWER! maybe my heart is with DLRP.

Having said that I have friends who are 5 times DLRP and one time WDW-they came back last week and they swear they will NEVER go to DLRP again! :shock:  They were won over by WDW, the rides, the shows, the weather and the wonderfull courteousness of the staff. And food and collectabls (pins, snow globes) were a lot cheaper. They got back on teh Monday and were back in the travel agents tuesday pricing up for next year.

lindylou, I would love to know where you book your holidays, cos we cant get what we want for the price we pay for a week in DLRP-with loads of extras and Paris on tap. We'd be look at three times the price.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Joseph Carter

Thank you tubbsy I will certainly be posting on here in the future. I myself Love Dlp to bits but I still cant wait till going to WDW Have to wait a couple years though.
All the Best
Joseph

mtt

Th staff at wdw arn't always so nice, I was on jungle cruise once, and one of the boat drivers had a right strop on, it made the ride horrible, and on its a small world a young guy looked so fed up helping a woman in her wheelchair, and he didn't even try to hide the fact.
Also in the emporium on main street I notice the staff are reminded by the tills to greet all customers, and what else to say, it makes it a bit false.

Where as when I've been to other places in the usa and the people are totally different so much nicer
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

MAVERICK

me and my friends prefer DLRP to WDW as DLRPs version of BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN is so much cooler than WDW the way its on an island