October Visitors - Price Check

Started by fd1972uk, January 13, 2014, 12:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fd1972uk

Hi All,
hoping you can help.
I'm trying to budget what is and isn't a good price, as I'm not sure of the figures that fly around at this time.
We'll be a party of 4 (3A, 1C) and the price for the Hotel & Tickets on-site (we're staying on-site for definite) for Santa Fe (quite happy to stay there) is coming in at £866, so that's roughly £216 per person.
Does this seem like a decent deal or do the prices fall as the months go on?  I know this is a difficult question to answer, but just wondering if there are any October regular visitors who are accustomed to the figures at this time.

TIA

FD

DLRP Roundup!

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

fd1972uk

It'll be during the Scottish October Week which is outwith the normal UK and French holidays, which works out quite good.
We are going to avoid the weekend which is busier, although prepared to fly in on the Sunday, so that would be the 12th or 13th October.  That price was showing for 4 nights/5 days.
Cheers

FD

Sly_Racoon

£866 sounds expensive for October in Santa Fe.  We regularly go in the winter months and find the prices during these months are very similar with the exception of the Christmas season in December.
Not been in October for a couple of years, last time we went October we paid £600 staying in Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights but see below for our recent and upcoming trips for comparison  -
February 2013 - 3 Nights/4 Days - Santa Fe - £398
February 2014 - 4 Nights/5 Days - Cheyenne - £492
February 2015 - 4 Nights/5 Days - Cheyenne - £492
These prices are 2 Adults, 2 Children during UK school holiday, using extra day/night or 2 extra day/night promotions.  Keep an eye on the website and sign up for the newsletter, there are often extra day/night promotions.

lovindisney87

Quote from: Sly_Racoon on January 13, 2014, 02:06:09 PM
£866 sounds expensive for October in Santa Fe.  We regularly go in the winter months and find the prices during these months are very similar with the exception of the Christmas season in December.
Not been in October for a couple of years, last time we went October we paid £600 staying in Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights but see below for our recent and upcoming trips for comparison  -
These prices are 2 Adults, 2 Children during UK school holiday, using extra day/night or 2 extra day/night promotions.  Keep an eye on the website and sign up for the newsletter, there are often extra day/night promotions.

Sly_Racoon, when and where did you book your one for February 2015??
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

fd1972uk

Thanks for that Sly_Racoon.

Those are great prices, wondering how much it's affected by kids prices though, and maybe as it's February and not the Halloween month it's affected either.

I'm on the DLP newsletter so hopefully see something for that.

Thanks

FD

DLRP Roundup!

It's the third adult price that buckles it up a bit.

I can see £730 on disneyholidays.co.uk with 2 nights free bundles with free child's places (under 7s).

If we're comparing against early February it's never going to be that cheap due to early Feb being in the lowest price category available and no dates in October share it.

If your child's over 7 there may be a 35/40% sale later once they analyse the summer numbers but I wouldn't want you to not book on a hope. Offer is valid until the start of April though, so time to ponder.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

fd1972uk

Thanks for that.
Yes our little one will be 8.
From what I've saw the price of £866 I've had seems not bad, but heard that it seems a bit expensive but having no knowledge of prices for this time it's hard to judge.
Also with flight prices, from Glasgow it's showing as £550 for us all, although it has jumped up significantly (this is for a Sunday flight to Thursday, 12th Oct).  But hoping that the prices will go up and down as it usually does, just not sure what price is great, although it's outwith the normal holidays for UK.

FD

Sly_Racoon

Quote from: lovindisney87 on January 13, 2014, 02:13:18 PM
Quote from: Sly_Racoon on January 13, 2014, 02:06:09 PM

Sly_Racoon, when and where did you book your one for February 2015??
Hi,
Booked on the official UK site DisneylandParis.co.uk.  Currently there is a "Super Early Booking Offer" - For arrivals  from 13th November to 19th December 2014 and 3rd January to 31st March 2015 if you Book by 15th April 2014.  Many dates offer 2 nights & 2 days free and Winter 2013/14 prices apply.
I was a little surprised since I have never been able to book so far ahead before, usually I could only book arround 9 months in advance and would have to wait until dates further ahead were released.