New Year's Eve - resort wide programme

Started by Kristof, December 13, 2013, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Planning to go to Disneyland Paris for New Year's Eve?  Choose your destination wisely and take these entertainment offerings into account:

Disneyland Park

• Fountains Animations: 6 times during the evening
  • Christmas Castle Moments: 3 times during the evening
  • Magical Christmas Wishes: 3 times during the evening
  • Disney Dreams®! of Christmas: 5:45pm (daily guests)
  • Countdown: 11:59 pm
  • Disney Dreams®! of Christmas: 00:00
Walt Disney Studios Park

All day: Promotional features  to be projected on a huge screen (artists/fireworks/schedule/program). Stage located in Backlot.
The Disney Channel screen will show a great clip of magical moments at Disneyland Paris as well as the screen on stage. The clip includes advertisings for each of the happenings of the evening.(Parade-Concerts-Dance party-Fireworks)

New year's Eve announcement : 4 times during the day
Pop-Rock BGM (Park Wide except Backlot) - same as last year
Disney's Stars 'n' Cars... as never seen before!: 7:30 pm & 8:30 pm : Additional Characters, VIP Characters with Cinema overdressings, Dedicated music for the evening
The Lucky Video Dance Party: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Let's Groove: 11:00 to 11:59 pm
Countdown: 11:59 pm
The Happy –ever–after New Year's Eve Spectacular! (Fireworks): 00:00
Let's Groove: 00:05-01:00

Disney Village
Khriss Come & Dance: 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm & 9:00 pm
Les Gnomikys: 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm & 9:30 pm
Concert & Music Party: From 7:30 pm
Music Party: From 10:00 pm
Cherry Swing & Heart Live: From 7:30 pm at Billy Bob's
New Year's Eve Fireworks: 00:00

spicy

Which of the two firework shows are meant to be better?

The happy ever after NYE spectacular over at the studios or the NYE fireworks over lake Disney?

We can't decide which ones to go and see.

mickeyfan

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: spicy on December 29, 2013, 06:25:27 PM
Which of the two firework shows are meant to be better?

The happy ever after NYE spectacular over at the studios or the NYE fireworks over lake Disney?

We can't decide which ones to go and see.

I'd see the studios since its incredibly rare for them to have a show over there :)

As for better? I've not been too impressed with the recent Lake Disney shows.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

spicy

Thank you for the help!

No one seems to know which of the shows will be the one to see tomorrow.

I asked at the concierge at hotel NY earlier and was assured there were fireworks in tomorrow's dreams and that will be the best show. I told her there aren't any fireworks in dreams tomorrow to which she laughed and said that there is so I knew her opinion was invalid  :-\

Think we are going to opt for the studios rather than Lake Disney. Hope it turns out to be the right choice!  :)

dazzle_v2003

Is this a new marketing switch for the resort in only doing specific New Year's entertainment in the Studios Park and Lake Disney. In previous years Disneyland Park has had specific New Year's entertainment too as well as the studios where as this year it is the normal Xmas entertainment schedule during the evening. I suppose it gives visitors wider choice of what they want to do which is always a good thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the never before seen Stars n Cars will be like and the Happy Ever After NY spectacular. 

DisneyMichelle

Hi All!

We are going to B.Bill tonight then staying in the Village for the lake fireworks. Iv not done the village before so hoping i will not be dissapointed.

Can anyone tell me if it is very busy in the Village for NYE and also is the sports bar and billy bobs etc still open after midnight so we can have a drink while we wait for the car park to quieten down?

I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

spicy

Ok just to confirm what happened here.

The stars and cars parade was very good,
I liked it. Some characters I hadn't seen before and they put on the best show they could considering the weather. (Cryella de vill particularly good)

Onto NYE:

Steakhouse reservations for the Nye dinner were an absolute nightmare, over 100
euros a head and people were standing queuing way past their reservation time (9:30) in the pouring rain. Not acceptable.

The fireworks for NYE of what there was
of them. We had a few sparklers over lake Disney and a very good display over the WDS.

The studio show was far superior here and that should have been made known to everyone that was attending.

Either way, both shows only lasted a matter of minutes, I have to day I
was expecting a much longer display.

Im not attacking DLP in anyway, believe me I love DLP as much as anyone and will defend it. But this NYE I just felt they could have done more, informing cast members of what was happening it seems would have helped!